RED FLAG Demo @ HOGAN's House! This Sat. 2pm!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    There were a couple of looks that I got on Monday that weren't quite stares. I would equate that look to the face of someone that stepped out in the yard barefoot and stepped in a pile. Pure revulsion. Maybe someone thought the 4th Amendment encouraged the killing of baby animals.
    And I swear I took a shower that morning and everything. :)
    I'm coming back for more.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Press notifications are going out and we expect good media traction because it is a Saturday (a slow news day) and this RED FLAG bill is a pretty hot topic.

Patriot Picket Co-leader Stoveman is handling all Rally/PP media interviews for the day. If you are approached by the media for a comment, please direct them over to Paul so we can get our side's most effective responses into the news cycle on a VERY complex and tricky subject. Thank you for your attention to this!

There will be FOUR opportunities for the media to cover us:

(1) We will leave promptly from Lawyer's Mall with signs and flags at 11:30am to march down Main Street to Mission BBQ for lunch in their reserved upper dining area. Be aware the media can have long lenses to capture us long before you see them, so look sharp, don't bump pedestrians with our signs, and keep flags off the ground. We expect to wrap up lunch and conversation by 1pm.

(2) We will then gather on the sidewalk next to the Market House at City Dock at 1pm for 30 minutes for media camera coverage and to give the public a chance to snap pictures that can make their way to social media. We expect questions from the public, as in, "What is this all about?", and this is our chance to talk one-on-one with the folks who probably don't know much detail about the RED FLAG bill. Take your time explaining the RED FLAG problems because you are not on a "soundbite" posture when talking to curious passersby. Again, if credentialed media are there, please refer them to Stoveman.

(3) We will stage our return march, with signs and flags, to the Statehouse from 1:30-1:50pm. We expect new media will latch onto this return march because it is an opportunity to get March-&-Rally coverage in a shorter timeframe, so again look sharp, and manage our signs and flags well.

(4) At 2pm we will rally under Gov. Hogan's window with our signs, flags and a great list of speakers. We will keep the Rally short & sweet--meaning less than an hour to maximize the number of speakers who can get TV and newspaper coverage.

Again, beautiful weather expected on this very important day. Unlike the risk of abuse/assaults we faced in downtown DC at the anti-gun March For Our Lives last month, this can be a great outing with your wife and kids for all or any part of the day, as we don't expect any heated opposition as we do this.

Again, plan on finding parking at the Calvert Garage (Bladen & Calvert) at 11:15 to stay on out March schedule.

So this is separate from the 2A rally and speakers??

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    At the 2pm Rally, here's the line-up:

General Announcements
    Opening Prayer: Joel McCracken
    The Pledge of Allegiance
    The National Anthem
    Jeff Hulbert (Rack&Roll) - The Patriot Picket
    Mike Smigiel - Lawyer, 2A Activist and former MD Delegate
    Jorge Solis
    Dan Blasberg (dblas) -former President, Maryland Shall Issue
    Christine Chase
    A Letter From April Rose
    A Conference Call w/ Rio Heitt
    Closing Announcements

Our hope is to be completed in an hour or less, to maximize the chance for each speaker to be covered by the press.

Not what I am being told by the organizer and permit holder of the Rally.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So this is separate from the 2A rally and speakers??

Nope, same rally!

The Patriot Picket joined forces with the Maryland Militia (who obtained the permit for Lawyer's Mall) to invite attendees from MDS, MSI and those following on social media, and to make the "Red Flag" bill hanging over all of us the major focus of this event.

We are in regular contact with Gary over at the Maryland Militia and have added the March up and down Main Street before the Rally (with lunch in between), and we have consensus that the Rally should be around an hour--give or take-- to maximize interest with attendees and the press.

When I posted "less than an hour" I was talking about the speaker's portion after the Welcome, the Pledge, and the National Anthem. I personally will only speak for a few minutes to brief everyone on Red Flag provisions so that Mike Smigiel can launch right into what it all means.

The following media outlets have received our Press Release for our March down to City Dock and back, and for the Rally:

WJZ-TV Baltimore
    WBAL-TV Baltimore
    WMAR-TV Balimore
    WBBF-TV FOX 45 Baltimore
    WUSA-TV DC
    WJLA-TV DC
    WRC-TV DC
    WTTG-TV FOX 5 DC
    The Capital Gazette
    The Washington Post
    The Baltimore Sun
    The Daily Record
    MarylandMatters.org

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The strategy we are employing--in conjunction with the MD Militia-- is designed to leverage media attention to the max.

Our rally under Governor Hogan's windows is a demonstration for an audience of ONE. (Or if we are lucky this event will also be witnessed by Hogan aides, or Hogan family members, too).

Remember, Lawyer's Mall on a Saturday--and with the legislature gone--is a veritable ghost town. This is where the March up and down Main Street comes in. The Marches are where the most attractive visuals for the press will occur because it involves our side interacting with the public--literally in the public square, and a crowded one at that. The TV coverage and news pictures of this is where we get the biggest bang for our buck in our efforts to get more people invested in this Hogan Veto decision.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We are also happy to have a NEW2SHARE live-streaming crew following our exploits in the morning.

The Patriot Picket had a NEWS2SHARE team with us when we ventured Behind Enemy Lines for the "March For Our Lives" in DC last month with our support for 2A. The video they produced of us has been viewed almost A QUARTER MILLION TIMES.

How's that for ramping up your messaging?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The flags are planted !!!!! Where are you????

Be here or be square

Attachments

• 20180414_103623.jpg
      20180414_103623.jpg
      79.9 KB · Views: 428

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Sadly I'm out of state for a funeral that's about to begin in about 40 minutes. But here's a thread bump, and best wishes for the day. Already contacted the gov's office.

All the best.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Honestly, nowhere near enough people showed up in Annapolis today. Annapolis was also packed because of the Annapolis Cup Croquet Match. Parking was nearly impossible. It took me over 40 minutes driving around Annapolis to find a parking spot. Despite all that, I am very glad that I attended.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I would have to agree parking was no issue jimboy and myself arrived 30 or more minutes early so parking wasn't bad but i will say when you see Facebook numbers of attendees and maybe a third or less show it's disappointing As the i think captain of aa police said couldn't hear everything don't give up on second amendment rights keep fighting when their gone you'll never get them back and it will be to late keep fighting. Otherwise another proud moment

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    Croquet Cup huh.. that’s what all those weirdos in pastel were about, lol. Well, the Gotts garage said full but I found a spot right away, although getting out of the garage was a different story. The weather was nicer than the old 2A Tuesday rallies, the turnout should have been better. I hope it isn’t a sign of how many have given up or moved away. I took some video as well, I’m not that good at editing and I’m worse at talking to the camera, lol. But you only have to listen to me for 48secs ;)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The weirdos were in pastel? They were having a good time, and it really brought me back to the 1980's. That was the everyday fashion in Miami back then. I was wondering if they knew that.
    Smigiel's line "Shrimp on a Cracker", was epic.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom