• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've been asked to speak at that event. I'll be there representing MSI.

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    The Reps attending:

Del. Susan Aumann, who represents the Lutherville-Timonium area, along with Dels. Rick Impallaria, Joe Boteler, Pat McDonough, Kathy Szeliga, and Sen. J.B. Jennings.

All republicans, No turncoat Brochin it seems.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The Reps attending:

Del. Susan Aumann, who represents the Lutherville-Timonium area, along with Dels. Rick Impallaria, Joe Boteler, Pat McDonough, Kathy Szeliga, and Sen. J.B. Jennings.

All republicans, No turncoat Brochin it seems.

Brochin is a Democrat and this is a Republican picnic. Would hardly expect to see him at their show.

Brochin is going to get another bite at the SB281 apple when it comes back from the House. He did some good things to the original bill, but in my opinion should have worked to stop it when he could. It was (is) a horrible piece of legislation, in spite of his amendments.

So he can take the Mulligan. I hope this time he will stand up to O'Malley, protect civil rights and stand up for his constituents.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Brochin's aide told me he supports 10 round magazine limits and "other parts of the bill" (he wouldn't elaborate)

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    Brochin's aide told me he supports 10 round magazine limits and "other parts of the bill" (he wouldn't elaborate)

Well, he's basically in support of all of it, as amended in the third offering. In committee he did manage to get fees for handgun licensing reduced from $100 to $25, as well as the live fire requirement reduced from 8 to 4 hrs, and I think he was responsible for extending the time period of a license from 5 to 10 years, but that's just window dressing- there shouldn't be a license required to exercise a RIGHT at ALL.

Sen. Brochin had an opportunity to try and kill this bill in committee, and even if he couldn't (didn't even try, BTW), he didn't have to vote for it- the bill would have passed without his vote. Jim Brochin is trying to appease pro-2A constituents in his district by pointing to his success getting the license rigmarole lessened, but those were just concessions given to him by Miller and Frosh, who know conservatives in 42 would be pissed if Brochin didn't at least APPEAR to TRY to stand up for the 2A. Miller and Frosh were just extending a professional courtesy to Brochin, or else they're dealing to get him to support something else they have up their sleeves down the line.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Susan Aumann is very, very reliable. She has a fundraiser at Bordy Vineyards every Fall. I would encourage everyone to buy a ticket and attend. We have to support the people who support us.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Well, he's basically in support of all of it, as amended in the third offering. In committee he did manage to get fees for handgun licensing reduced from $100 to $25, as well as the live fire requirement reduced from 8 to 4 hrs, and I think he was responsible for extending the time period of a license from 5 to 10 years, but that's just window dressing- there shouldn't be a license required to exercise a RIGHT at ALL.

Sen. Brochin had an opportunity to try and kill this bill in committee, and even if he couldn't (didn't even try, BTW), he didn't have to vote for it- the bill would have passed without his vote. Jim Brochin is trying to appease pro-2A constituents in his district by pointing to his success getting the license rigmarole lessened, but those were just concessions given to him by Miller and Frosh, who know conservatives in 42 would be pissed if Brochin didn't at least APPEAR to TRY to stand up for the 2A. Miller and Frosh were just extending a professional courtesy to Brochin, or else they're dealing to get him to support something else they have up their sleeves down the line.

And people need to continue to remind all lawmakers that such window dressing is not acceptable. Note the Senators who broke the filibuster on the floor but then voted "against" the bill.

We are too smart to not see through the gimmicks. They need to know it.

The Senate is getting another shot at this. They are obviously frightened enough to create elaborate window dressing to appease us. This next time we will remind them we see the Emperor's Clothes for what they are.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've been asked to speak at that event. I'll be there representing MSI.

Wasn't it the Balto Co State's Attorney who was one of the very first to testify in front of Frosh's committee in Feb., with a good deal of misinformation about "automatic" firearms, and the like? He testified shortly after O'Malley as a star witness, so it's near the beginning of the tape.

Will he be there? I won't -- don't live there -- but if it's the guy I'm thinking of, it might be nice to let the voters know what's being foisted on them and by whom: their own local officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom