• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtbilco

Nov 25, 2008
    Im working on my Trust with Quicken 2009. Has anyone used this and have recommendations on language or things I should put in to make it kosher?
    TM

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Im working on my Trust with Quicken 2009. Has anyone used this and have recommendations on language or things I should put in to make it kosher?
    TM

Quicken will generate a valid trust, but it doesn't have the ability to accept custom language. You have to add that yourself manually after saving the generated .rtf document.

The main thing you need to be concerned with is disposition of trust property in the event that one or more beneficiaries are minors, or otherwise unable to legally take possession. (i.e. prohibited persons).

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    You heard wrong...

I've used mine for several stamps, and a couple more are inbound.

This dude loves to come in trust threads and poo-poo on Quicken trusts. I, and others, have corrected the BS he posts on several occasions, yet he continues to push some sort of agenda.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Honestly if you knew him he's really trying to do no harm. He's not a spammer or anything like that. He just prefers the lawyer route because he feels more comfortable knowing that the lawyer who has been doing it for a number of years won't F it up. He really isn't trying to poo poo on the thread. Just suggesting. I myself will be looking for a lawyer because I don't trust myself with these types of legal documents and things and would rather not make a mistake. I think thats all he's saying. Don't take it personally

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Honestly if you knew him he's really trying to do no harm. He's not a spammer or anything like that. He just prefers the lawyer route because he feels more comfortable knowing that the lawyer who has been doing it for a number of years won't F it up. He really isn't trying to poo poo on the thread. Just suggesting. I myself will be looking for a lawyer because I don't trust myself with these types of legal documents and things and would rather not make a mistake. I think thats all he's saying. Don't take it personally

No problems with people stating their opinions, that's what the forum is for.

Passing out bad dope, with what he's heard, is bad ju-ju.

Noted. There is a rumor that ATF is not accepting recent quicken trusts. I have not seen substantiation of this. I have more than a few on my quicken trust, the last being back in Nov. Having said that I recently had lawyer by the bay do another trust that I am now using.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Ok. He might have been wrong or may have thought he was right and just trying to warn people on the thread. I know I have said wrong information thinking it was right on the forum and was corrected and now know. That's what it's here for, so we can learn new info. Like I said before. He's not a malicious guy. Don't take it personal. You corrected it and now everyone knows you can use a quicken trust and be fine. No reason to rake the guy over the coals

Ok. He might have been wrong or may have thought he was right and just trying to warn people on the thread. I know I have said wrong information thinking it was right on the forum and was corrected and now know. That's what it's here for, so we can learn new info. Like I said before. He's not a malicious guy. Don't take it personal. You corrected it and now everyone knows you can use a quicken trust and be fine. No reason to rake the guy over the coals

concur. (only because my coals haven't reached the proper greyish hue :) )

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Noted. There is a rumor that ATF is not accepting recent quicken trusts. I have not seen substantiation of this. I have more than a few on my quicken trust, the last being back in Nov. Having said that I recently had lawyer by the bay do another trust that I am now using.

Rumours are just that, but perpetuating bad info doesn't help anyone.

Any legal trust is good to go for NFA purposes, but some people try to push the envelope with their DIY efforts and then whine when their trust gets kicked back. If you keep it simple there is no reason that a Quicken trust should have any more of an issue than a lawyer generated trust.

By all means pay a lawyer if you have some particular situation you are trying to address, or if you don't feel comfortable doing things yourself. It's not necessary, but maybe it makes you feel more secure.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Being wrong from time to time happens to us all. The reason I've jumped on him several times is because its repetitive...
    I agree totally that the lawyer route is better to go...that is what I have myself. But the FACT is is that Quicken trusts are perfectly valid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom