• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    My f-i-l is in pretty bad shape and is selling his gun collection,among other things. He has a 7mm mag rem.(made by Savage?) that he wants $200 and half the price of the scope thats on it. Also,a model 742 in 30 06.Anybody want to venture a guess on value of 742? Is $200 a fair price for the 7mm? I'm not lookin to beat him down,just a fair shake for us both.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I dont know about the Savage, but I bought a Remington 742 in .308 for about $180. Great gun, but definitely more of a hunting rifle than an all day target gun. The Rem 742's are great semiautos, but can't handle more than about 20 to 30 rounds at a time. And it HATES Milsurp ammo.

I'd be interested in the 742 if you don't want it.

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I'll be seeing him and the guns this weekend. I may have misunderstood him,but I thought he told me the 7mm was made for Remington by Savage and hsd synthetic stock. I'll know this weekend whats what. Let you know about 742. Thanks,Jim

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Missed the boat on that,he musta had a fire sale.Did bring home a mauser 1891,7.65,only to find out ammo is problematic.It;s going back(bucken&half).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Missed the boat on that,he musta had a fire sale.Did bring home a mauser 1891,7.65,only to find out ammo is problematic.It;s going back(bucken&half).

Argentine Mauser? How much did you pay for it and what kind of shape is it in? Rifle or carbine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom