• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I'm not establishing residency but I do have to register them on base which isn't a problem. All of my pistols are good including my 22TCM, which isn't allowed in Cali. It is by far my favorite pistol to shoot and if you haven't shot one you need to! I don't need any more rifles and this move is only for 2-3 years so I will make the best of it and I am excited about finding a good range and getting my reloading gear set back up.

Thank you for your service.
    Give the link in this thread a try if you're looking for ranges, shops, etc.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=135949

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Made to JBAB.

I did training at JBAB in 2013, and Anacostia is a real dump. If you can move off base, Alexandria across the river and south of HWY 495 is a quick drive to JBAB. If you are willing to put up with some of the traffic on 295 in the morning getting to the front gate, I would recommend moving across the river to the VA side.

If you are an IPSC shooter, there's a match in Fredericksburg, VA, on April 1, sunday. PM me if you want the club contact info. Someone already mentioned Myrtle Grove in Charles County, and it's a laid back public range.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    JBAB is 15-30 minutes from some very nice places to live in Virginia. If you move off base, I highly recommend going that way.

While you're in the area, at least have fun with what dc has to offer. Nationals and caps games, the mall. If you make it south in Maryland and want tips, reach out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom