Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I ordered a 3 lug adapter today.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So anyone ordering extra parts/mounts/etc for their SiCo cans?
    Gotta admit, thinking about getting the Anchor Brake, Saiga 12 and 870 Salvo adapters, and some 6" Salvo rods earlier than later. ASR is arguably the least of the worries, given that BE Meyers now makes an ASR muzzle device.

That said, I am skeptical that they're going to go out of business. Worst case scenario to my mind is still that they get purchased.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    So here's my take... If a number of us are concerned (and there's merit for) and we purchase a number of SiCo accessories/mounts/etc - then that's good for SiCo, and us in the SiCo community, as that may help change the direction of the ship. As I'm invested in SiCo - the news over the past 13 months panicked me too. After searching and reading a number of current threads on (reddit, arfcom - within the past 10 days) where presumably ex-employees chimed in on - it sounds like executives didn't recognize the bubble, spent cash feverishly and pursued things outside their core business. Regardless - I too don't think they're going anywhere and concur that worse case someone buys them out (they have a sizable market share). Changing management seems necessary given their current issues, conflicts with SilencerShop and the number of suppressor mfgs stood up in the past couple years with ties to SiCo (Rugged, Dead Air, etc). Hope I'm correct - time will tell.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Word around the street they are in much better hands now, so no cause for concern going forward but time will tell

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I've been wanting to buy some cans, but the possibility of the hearing protection act has me waiting it out. I wonder how many other people are waiting like I am and what impact that has had on sales?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I gave up on HPA or a similar act last summer. Now I'm 1/2 to 2/3rds done with my wait. Best time to plant a tree is right now . . .

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I've been wanting to buy some cans, but the possibility of the hearing protection act has me waiting it out. I wonder how many other people are waiting like I am and what impact that has had on sales?

The Hush/HPA is ice cold right now.
    Just my opinion but absolutely every reason to buy now. Which is why I went ahead and bought 3 last month and considering a 4th just need to head over and process them next week

Sales are slow so prices/freebies with purchase will be a bit more aggresive right now. If you wait for something that is unlikely to happen that’s another year that goes by you could already have a suppressor(s) in your hands. In the unlikely event the bill passes, you will have 10’s of thousands of buyers buying multiples with only hundreds of inventory available. Stock would be depleted immediately and it would likely be a year+ before stock meets demand.. Some will end up just settling for cans they really didn’t want to hold them over.
    Also the $200 stamp could be refunded anyhow just depends on the final revisions of the bill

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    The Hush/HPA is ice cold right now.
    Just my opinion but absolutely every reason to buy now. Which is why I went ahead and bought 3 last month and considering a 4th just need to head over and process them next week

Sales are slow so prices/freebies with purchase will be a bit more aggresive right now. If you wait for something that is unlikely to happen that’s another year that goes by you could already have a suppressor(s) in your hands. In the unlikely event the bill passes, you will have 10’s of thousands of buyers buying multiples with only hundreds of inventory available. Stock would be depleted immediately and it would likely be a year+ before stock meets demand.. Some will end up just settling for cans they really didn’t want to hold them over.
    Also the $200 stamp could be refunded anyhow just depends on the final revisions of the bill

good points

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I believe HPA is back burner for now. So I'm buying what I want now . Most cans are in Stock and at lower prices.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    It appears Silencershop and SilencerCo have mended fences as of today.

Where did you see this mentioned?

Yup! Great news for everyone during the struggle bus times particualry for suppressors

This is excellent news !!!
    So I'm guessing this change is not unrelated to new leadership at SiCo? Anyone have the backstory?

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    From what’s out there - whomever at Silencerco that caused the issues is no longer there (or at that position). Apparently Silencerco reps traveled to Silencershop to mend fences. We should see their gear there any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom