• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    What a drag when you run across stuff like this. Two fawns were bedded in the ditch and sprang away when we came through. They ran out 300 hundred yards and stood by.
    I guess it was all it could do to keep from drowning and must have been hit by a car at some point. The water was a lot higher from all the rain the night before. The funny thing is afterwards, it made me think of a conversation I had years ago with an older guy that I used to help on his farm. I helped him make hay, fix fences work on the baler cut boards on the mill and and all that and sometimes help pull calves when they were being thrown and got hung up. So anyhow he used to let me hunt and run all over his land. deer (2).JPG One day I asked him why he didn't go and he said he enjoyed hunting when he was younger and just wasn't that interested anymore but liked seeing others enjoy themselves and I just couldn't figure or realize even if he did himself what he just taught me after we got some calves inside so they didn't freeze. Today at the moment right after we stumbled across this, I realized as he, Mr. Bob, grew older he just got more into giving life which is a lot harder than taking it especially when your powerless to help a critter that's done in.
    Funny how that occurred to me all of the sudden like. I think I may have just gotten older after sloshing through that sh&%hole today scouting and finding this and Ill have to teach my kids what Bob taught me before we go out this year for the big ones. Ill have to tell him thanks too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ... Funny how that occurred to me all of the sudden like. I think I may have just gotten older after sloshing through that sh&%hole today scouting and finding this and Ill have to teach my kids what Bob taught me before we go out this year for the big ones. Ill have to tell him thanks too.

I'd venture to guess you've been aware of this for a good portion of your life. Yesterday 'it' got a name.

Knowing your passion for this(the outdoor life) through reading your writings here at MDS, I'm pretty confident your kids already know the lesson. It's a way of life. People like you and I bleed this. It's a part of our fabric. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom