• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    4 people wont grant cert for a case unless they are reasonably sure where the 5th vote is.

I am just worried about Roberts. For all we now he is going to say the justifiable need standard is a "tax"

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    taxing the press, baptists or any religion in disfavor, people not wanting their houses searched without a warrant, people wanting to speak freely, people wanting to vote, etc... would not float.

taxing to exercise rights protected by the 2a...

but but but it's gunz! no problem.

I am just worried about Roberts. For all we now he is going to say the justifiable need standard is a "tax"

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    "The Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia and Ninth Circuits have concluded that the right to carry a firearm extends outside the home and that licensing restrictions that require citizens to show a special need for carrying a firearm effectively “destroy[ ] the ordinarily situated citizen’s right to bear arms” and therefore are categorically unconstitutional."

Who would have thought they would ever read that sentence? And one of those is the direct result of the efforts of MDS member wolfwood. Way to go!

Pope414

I just had a horrible thought....SCOTUS took the 2A case out of NY dealing with transporting you firearm outside the state after not taking a case since Heller.... Could it be they took that case so they can say they finally took a 2A case giving them an out to not wade into the right to carry without having to prove justifiable need? Especially After justices Thomas and Gorsuch ripped the court a new one short of calling them cowards??? It seems like the NY case would effect such a small group compared to a challenge to justifiable need. Compared to Drake,Perulta and now Rogers it seems like small potatoes .....boy do I hope I am wrong

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I just had a horrible thought....SCOTUS took the 2A case out of NY dealing with transporting you firearm outside the state after not taking a case since Heller.... Could it be they took that case so they can say they finally took a 2A case giving them an out to not wade into the right to carry without having to prove justifiable need? Especially After justices Thomas and Gorsuch ripped the court a new one short of calling them cowards??? It seems like the NY case would effect such a small group compared to a challenge to justifiable need. Compared to Drake,Perulta and now Rogers it seems like small potatoes .....boy do I hope I am wrong

This is my fear as well.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This is my fear as well.

This case isn't about carry. It's about the core right of firearms ownership and transportation between homes intrastate, to places of lawful use intrastate (ranges), and interstate transport. And it's also about whether a state can arbitrarily outlaw any aspect of firearms ownership it wants to, even when that law isn't rational.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This case isn't about carry. It's about the core right of firearms ownership and transportation between homes intrastate, to places of lawful use intrastate (ranges), and interstate transport. And it's also about whether a state can arbitrarily outlaw any aspect of firearms ownership it wants to, even when that law isn't rational.

You're thinking of the NYRPA case, this thread is the Rogers NJ carry permit thread.

Pope414

Allen the fear is that they will sidestep Rogers using the ny gun transport case as a "see we took a 2A case" because they don't have the stones

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom