• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    This is absolutely me and my friends experience. It is a very much painless experience of dropping them off and agreeing to a price but communication isnt there afterwards no matter how you cut it. We were told that someone will reach out to us once the guns would go live after 21 days and no one did. They filed the paperwork 7 days after drop off so rlly it was 30 day wait

The third gun sold jan 2nd or 3rd, we are now going into friday(8 gunshop working days) with no communication of gun sold or check ready.

The other 2 we showed up knowing one had sold(because of mds) and were pleasantly surprised another had as well. The check had been cut i believe 2 days prior to us showing.

I like the guys there which is why i am confused. They are all professional and cool to talk too, i just would like someone to reach out when they need too

Last edited:

Roidtech1

Jan 10, 2024
    Walkersville, MD
    My experience with consignment there has always been pretty good, just sold a Sig p230 through them over the last couple weeks. When I spoke with someone over the phone they did say they were pretty slammed at the moment. Understaffed as they didn't expect to be so busy right now.

If any of you picked up a sig p230 there over the last couple weeks, I hope it's going to a good home <3

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I agree. I spotted the Winchester 88 but don't know the caliber or price. Probably all for the best, I've spent enough lately!
    I called them yesterday about this rifle. It’s in 308, and it’s $750. Someone had already had it on hold, and I was asked if I wanted to be second in line. I declined as it wasn’t in the caliber I was looking for. Were you the guy whose name was on it?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I called them yesterday about this rifle. It’s in 308, and it’s $750. Someone had already had it on hold, and I was asked if I wanted to be second in line. I declined as it wasn’t in the caliber I was looking for. Were you the guy whose name was on it?
    No , not me. I just bought a Winchester 100 in .308 and that's when the model 88 popped up on my radar. I need to recover financially from a few things before I buy anything right now anyway.

tdmne

Apr 28, 2020
    IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

Here’s some photos from today.

ko21361

Dec 13, 2023
    Wheaton

Attachments

• IMG_6956.jpeg
      IMG_6956.jpeg
      193.8 KB · Views: 240
    • IMG_6955.jpeg
      IMG_6955.jpeg
      227.8 KB · Views: 239
    • IMG_6954.jpeg
      IMG_6954.jpeg
      216 KB · Views: 246
    • IMG_6952.jpeg
      IMG_6952.jpeg
      211.3 KB · Views: 247
    • IMG_6953.jpeg
      IMG_6953.jpeg
      213.1 KB · Views: 236
    • IMG_6951.jpeg
      IMG_6951.jpeg
      225.1 KB · Views: 242
    Aug 31, 2022
    Howard County
    Yes...several years ago I bought several consignment pieces by email...phone is quicker normally but email gives you a written record. The item gets a sold tag put on it until you get there to put your money down.
    Thanks. I am out of town 30-31st and unable to make a mid-day phone call due to a work trip. Trying to snag something before it's gone so I'll shoot them an email

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    From what i've seen a lot of people dont follow up on guns they put dibs on. I'm in a business where people actually pre-pay the full price for an item before it gets ordered and they still dont come pick it up.

I've had plenty of guns on consignment and id hate for my gun to have a sold ticket on it during a prime day with high traffic like a friday-saturday all while discouraging potential buyers in the store from buying my gun.

IMHO the shop should do it with their inventory if they desire ..not so much consignments

Last edited:

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Sounds like you are not happy with United with your negative post try another shop instead of giving them your opinion of running their business
    I didn't say united actually practices such things. I said it would be unfair for the potential buyer and seller if such things went down with consignment guns.

Imagine having cash in hand for a gun you saw posted here but a ghost with no deposit who called over the phone reserved it over the weekend and you cant buy it.

Anyone who grasps business practices knows this isn't the best when dealing with someone elses guns. Thats why I said they can do it all day with their inventory.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I didn't say united actually practices such things. I said it would be unfair for the potential buyer and seller if such things went down with consignment guns.

Imagine having cash in hand for a gun you saw posted here but a ghost with no deposit who called over the phone reserved it over the weekend and you cant buy it.

Anyone who grasps business practices knows this isn't the best when dealing with someone elses guns. Thats why I said they can do it all day with their inventory.
    I've been that ghost more than once and I always got there when I said I would and finished the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom