• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/...n-md-state-forest-woman-found-alive-man-dead/

This took place about 3-4 miles form my home. I live in a very secluded part of Savage Mountain. And this incident is freaking me out a bit. The rumor mill has been running overtime on this one which makes it all that much worse.

The facts that I do know for sure is that this young man has since been identified as Alex Stephens from Frostburg. He was found completely naked with signs of trauma and his throat cut. The female that was with him has not been named but the facts I do know about her is that she stumbled out of the woods at 9:00am, was in the woods the whole night and she broke into a home to call 911.

Rumor mill is saying everything from they stumbled onto a group of people sacrificing animals to them stumbling onto a Meth lab.... and many more rumors about the woman's physical well being.

This area is notorious for covering up things like this and everyone go about their merry way since this is considered a tourist destination by the state. So, I highly doubt the truth will ever be known publicly.

But since this was so close to my house and my teenage daughters who routine stay home alone for a few hours I would sure like to know if there is any truth to the group of people rumor.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I heard it go down on the scanner and I could hear dispatch and on scene units and what I was hearing wasn't making sense.
    Never heard anything about the sacrificing stuff angle, but I did hear through the grapevine of a possible botched double suicide.
    My daughter was a year or two behind the deceased in high school so I'm getting spotty info.

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    My "Word on the Street" info is also very sketchy --did here that he was found Naked and she was in Hospital under surveillance.

Such a shame

Jim

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    that doesn't sound like a botched double suicide.

I'm just telling you what I heard through the grapevine I never said it was fact.
    I did hear the DNR officer tell dispatch the female stated they were lost and they fell over a cliff.
    But I wasn't there and there are two people who know 100% for sure what happened, the deceased and the female.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Am I understanding this correctly,they were missing and the police were searching for them prior to the female calling 911?

And I'm thinking this is where the whole suicide thing is coming from, maybe they told someone what they planned, or left a note, or who knows.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    I personally know the fire fighter that found the mans body. He said he was totally naked with his throat cut but there was zero blood anywhere on the scene. So, I guess that means his body was moved? I also heard through a very good source on the scene that the two drove separate cars there but there was a third set of tire tracks in the light snow.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Am I understanding this correctly,they were missing and the police were searching for them prior to the female calling 911?

Yes, apparently they were seen together at 5:00pm and then they got a missing person call around 2:15 am. They apparently searched for the two during the night and were still searching when the female made her way out and into a local home to call 911 at around 9:15AM.

I do know it wasn't terribly cold that night but still pretty cold. If this incident would have happened a day later they both would be dead because that is the night the cold snap came in and it was right around 0 degrees and windy.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    The naked part makes me think that the guy went hypothermic, as right before your body shuts down you feel incredibly hot and begin removing clothing. But the slit throat part kind of rules out hypothermia.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    That's the thing. The authorities in this area wont say a thing. Obviously they would'nt right now anyway since it is an active investigation. But they have a good track record of never informing the public of the outcome of things like this.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    .... totally naked with his throat cut but there was zero blood anywhere on the scene....
    th

th

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Good thing there are no drugs, gangs, or violence in the Western Part of the state because it certainly sounds like a drug deal gone way wrong or a murder set up.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I hear that Dana and Scully are on the way. They should have this cleared up very soon. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope they find out what really happened. This would drive my wife crazy having something like this happen in our neighborhood.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Not a lot of additional info, but here is an article published in the Republican Newspaper last Thursday.

Attachments

• Republican Capture.JPG
      Republican Capture.JPG
      117.8 KB · Views: 1,894

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Still renting cabins out there ktm? :brows:

Attachments

• 88h8k27pc66km72n2m46091.jpg
      88h8k27pc66km72n2m46091.jpg