• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    If my .45 cal hand gun uses .45 ACP can I use .45 Auto instead?As long as all the ammo is .45 cal.Expert opinions o:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:nly please.Thanks in advance.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    As used by most people .45 "AUTO" is ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol)

just don't try to use .45 GAP which is "Glock Automatic Pistol" which is shorter and uses a small pistol primer instead of a large pistol primer

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Please do NOT buy .45Auto Rim. That is, if you could find any.

Buy the .45 Auto Rim and then send it to me. I shoot it in an old Colt .45 revolver that my grandfather brought back from WW1.

similar to this

Attachments

• colt-45-rev.jpg
      colt-45-rev.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 219
    Last edited:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I would love to see someone try to get a .45 LC round into a magazine or single load one into a .45ACP firearm.

The .45 LC, aka Long Colt, revolver cartridge has a case that is longer than the overall length of the .45 cartridge.

You would need a hammer to close the action.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I would love to see someone try to get a .45 LC round into a magazine or single load one into a .45ACP firearm.

The .45 LC, aka Long Colt, revolver cartridge has a case that is longer than the overall length of the .45 cartridge.

You would need a hammer to close the action.

And that would provide crowd pleasing entertainment for all at sufficient distance...

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I have 100 rounds of .45 Auto Rim reloads if anyone wants them. I bought them at a gun show about a while ago not knowing they weren't .45 ACP :o

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    'Turtle, because "HardHatMan" said he bought reloads. You don't shoot reloads unless you made them yourself.

Of course, they might be commercially produced reloads, so then they should be safe.

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    'Turtle, because "HardHatMan" said he bought reloads. You don't shoot reloads unless you made them yourself.

Of course, they might be commercially produced reloads, so then they should be safe.

Mickec, I agree with you. I wouldn't shoot anyone else's reloads. My own reloads are fairly mild. I know other people who tend to load hot. So, I would be very suspicious unless it was a well known commercial reloader. Thanks for clearing that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom