• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    The only Sig I've shot is the P226 9mm. Awesome gun. Put a stiffer recoil spring in it and occasionally have some issues, but the gun is superbly accurate and otherwise reliable to a fault.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    357 SIG

Trying to fit a 9mm into a 40cal chamber is easy. Even if it is dirty. The Extra recoil impluse will overcome sissified limp-wristing induced malfunctions.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I once had 4 Sigs. Now down to two, but it's not because there were any issues. I've just wanted some variety and find I shoot another platform better. I've owned Sigs in 9mm (226 and P6), .40 and .357sig (229), and .45 (220). Never had a jam or any other issue.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i have 40s/w no issues.. have the 22 x-change upper.. thats totally different.. i get loading problem depending on what brand of ammo i use..

lesteral

Nov 7, 2009
    California, MD
    I have two P229s one a new DAK in .357 sig the other older in .40. The mags are interchangeable and the barrels are too. They just have a feel, that nice metal frame, and fits my hand perfectly. Love them both.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    um what?...:tdown:maybe I'm reading this wrong but that doesnt sound safe at all...

.357 sig is a 40 s&w necked down to a 9mm...hence the chambering a 9mm sized projectile into the opening of the chamber that's .40 wide:innocent0

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    ah ok...well i had a guy at work actually doing that with one of my pistols....im like WTF are you doing!!! so all i could think of was that...somehow it caught just enough to hit the primer and ruptured the casing...he's like this isnt shooting right im looking at it like wtf?? and then i see him holding my 40 cal and a mag full of 9MM....i almost slapped him...

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    A P226 is .40 is perfection for me. I still like Glocks, but Sig cranks everything up a notch.
    It's tough to go wrong in either a 9mm, .40, .357 sig, or a .45. It depends on your needs.
    I found .40 the best compromise among the calibers, but their is nothing wrong with any of them.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    sandeman, where are ya buddy? We're gunna need you to explain your quandry a little better so we can provide you with the best info. What are you primarily using it for? home defense, target hole punching, concealed carry gun, B.U.G.....etc? what are you used to shooting? 9mikemike, foty, .45...is ammo cost or capacity a concern for you...do you want a larger framed gun or something for small hands? do you want something like a 232 for a back-up or better concealed carry. are you interested in a sig 1911 like the revolutions? do you have a budget? single-action, dak, or double/single? commahn broseph give us some direction since pretty much all sigs do well in reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom