• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    So I have come across a decent deal for a 22/45 Lite Mark III and I have been watching a few videos on the take-down and assembly of this pistol. Disassembly doesn't look difficult, assembly a little more. I have never had a Ruger Mark pistol but I think it will be fun. Who has the Mark I - III's and what do you think of them?

rug.jpg

sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    I have a ruger 22/45 its a fun cheap shooting pistol. I have taught my kids and many family members with it over the years. Mine is about 20 years old and shoots like the day I got it. Once you get used to putting it back together its not that hard, just a couple odd steps.

Steve

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It’s a little annoying to reassemble, but a fun gun and worth it.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Ruger Mk III.

Reassembly isn't hard, just a little tedious because of the mag disconnect. You have to release the trigger during dis/reassembly and it needs the mag inserted for that.

Replacing the mag disconnect bushing fixes that issue.

jonb219

Oct 17, 2013
    Falling Waters, WV
    Fantastic pistol. You won't regret the purchase. Even with the reassembly aggravation. I take mine down for cleaning every 500 rounds or so, but they can go much longer and run reliably.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Love my Mk III 22/45. Do the magazine bushing replacement and install the Tandem Kross slingshot kit. Resolves most of the reassembly issues.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I know of a 22/45 that has gone several thousand rounds suppressed and had no issues. It was dirty as hell, but still ran like a clock.....

GMG66

Apr 19, 2018
    Have a MK ll, I inherited from my father , shot 200 rounds a couple of weeks ago at the range, great fun. I've taken it apart a number of times to clean and disassembly is easy , reassembly is another thing. Wonder if the MK iv is easier.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have a 5" Mark II Bull Barrel Target model since new, purchased in 1982. Couldn't tell you how many rounds have gone through it. I have used it a few different types of competition from action to Hunter's Pistol. I can tell you I never thought of selling it. Presently looking at a Mark III or IV 22/45 to replicate the 1911 feel.

Al Marvel, an American Pistolsmith Guild member, milled a 1911 slide for and fitted a set of BoMar sights. I inquired about him fitting a Douglas barrel to the Mark II. He told me to get my hands on a fifty round box of every 22 LR loading I could find, a set of sandbags and a chair. Then spend the time necessary to accurately test each load and selects its favorite(s). He said he hadn't met a Ruger Mark barrel that wouldn't shoot. I dare say the barrels are made to same standard.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Well dang! I took the Mark III down for some cleaning last night. Pretty simple tear-down really. It needed a little cleaning but it's not in bad condition at all. So we move on to re-assembly :mad54: I'll try again tonight. :sad20:

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    So I struggled mightily with re-assembling this Mark III but I finally got it done and it is a great shooter. What I found was that the hole for the mainspring pin was not aligned properly causing the pin to cant slightly when trying to re-assemble. Once I got the holes aligned I followed the owners manual and it went back together. I took it to the range this morning and it is an awesome pistol to shoot, a tack driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom