Is Your Rifle Inventory Expanding or has It Topped Out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is your rifle inventory expanding or has It topped out?

• Expanding; at least for the foreseeable future.

Votes: 102 67.1%
    • Staying about the same; I get rid of rifles I don't use when I buy others.

Votes: 36 23.7%
    • Downsizing; I don't need so many rifles right now.

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Are you always adding to your rifle collection, or do you pretty much sell or trade away a firearm for every new one you get?

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    I have decided that my rifles are tools, not toys. When I need something to do a specific job, I get a new tool. Or used tool, whatever the case may be. And there are a lot of different sizes that one might need. Not everything is 9/16 and 1/2". Sometimes you need a 3/4" and sometimes you need a 1/4". I think that it is essential to have ALL of the tools one might need for WHATEVER comes ones way. Sometimes you just need a BIG hammer and sometimes you need precision screwdrivers. (45-70/.22) All I can say is that it would behoove us all to continue to grow our toolboxes until it overflows. Then buy a bigger safe, uh....toolbox!!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have decided that my rifles are tools, not toys. When I need something to do a specific job, I get a new tool. Or used tool, whatever the case may be. And there are a lot of different sizes that one might need. Not everything is 9/16 and 1/2". Sometimes you need a 3/4" and sometimes you need a 1/4". I think that it is essential to have ALL of the tools one might need for WHATEVER comes ones way. Sometimes you just need a BIG hammer and sometimes you need precision screwdrivers. (45-70/.22) All I can say is that it would behoove us all to continue to grow our toolboxes until it overflows. Then buy a bigger safe, uh....toolbox!!!

Yep. That’s a lot of configurations, barrel lengths, calibers, optics etc. I have about 20 lowers to build out.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Hmm - so a Ruger Mini-14 is not really needed if I already have one or more AR's? What about a backup tool? :rolleyes:

Do you shoot competitively? What if one day your local club/range/shooting buddies decided to have a Mini-14 match? Sure, you might already be prepared for a zombie apocalypse or jihad or NKorean invasion...but how foolish are you going to feel showing up unprepared to the Mini-14 shoot? Why take that kind of risk :shrug:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Do you shoot competitively? What if one day your local club/range/shooting buddies decided to have a Mini-14 match? Sure, you might already be prepared for a zombie apocalypse or jihad or NKorean invasion...but how foolish are you going to feel showing up unprepared to the Mini-14 shoot? Why take that kind of risk :shrug:

I like the way you think.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I've sold a few in order to upgrade the collection. Life's too short for mediocre guns.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Hmm - so a Ruger Mini-14 is not really needed if I already have one or more AR's? What about a backup tool? :rolleyes:

NO NO NOOOO!!! Did you fall and hit your head? This is CRAZY talk!

OF COURSE you need a Mini-14! You also need a good bolt action .223, with a decent trigger and a better optic.

And don't sell your firearms! It's like selling children. You just don't do it. Some sales will even make your soul bleed. Don't be that guy with the bleeding soul, making a mess all over the bench when you see somebody shooting lights out with something you USED TO have. It's just not worth it.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    In the old adage of how I lost my gun collection in a tragic boating accident....

img_0270.jpg

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Mine is growing. I have sold a few over the years, but regret doing so. I’ve realized that I’d rather keep one that I don’t shoot - and not sell it. My answer was to buy a second safe. When that one fills, which won’t be too long from now, I’ll get a third safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom