• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Guy I work with swears his friend hit this this morning in on sand gates rd.

Attachments

• IMG952568.jpg
      IMG952568.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 859

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Great. I thought it was bad before worrying about coyotes while stompin thru the woods at night tracking deer. Now I got to worry about bears too. I've done more than enough of that in my life already to last me a while.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dad and I spotted 1 in the summer of 79 in that area (where the famity farm use to be). But it was a big 1 !! Use to have major issues with wild dogs back then to .

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    There's our "good and substantial reason" right there. As if we really need one.
    Coyotes are in the area too and maybe one day feral hogs.

I had to laugh when I read this, I came face to face with a roughly 250 pounder last week one evening on my walk. I'm just glad there weren't any Cubs around or I might have been in a world of shit because I didn't have my wife with me.

Reason for needing the wife, I can't outrun the bear but I can my wife.;) sorry honey, but sacrifices have to be made at times.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My guess is he came from Virginia. Crossed the Potomac somewhere and down/across Southern Maryland. Would seem easier than around the beltway from Montgomery County :shrug:

Not the first one seen in the county. There was one spotted a few years ago in the Northern part of the county, Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area.

This one was only a couple of miles from my house.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    My guess is he came from Virginia. Crossed the Potomac somewhere and down/across Southern Maryland. Would seem easier than around the beltway from Montgomery County :shrug:

Not the first one seen in the county. There was one spotted a few years ago in the Northern part of the county, Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall area.

This one was only a couple of miles from my house.

With all the dead deer along the belt way, it probably did come via montgomery county.

Bears are scavengers also.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I thought I saw one several years ago down in a wooded area in Hollywood. It was a very small bear and I saw it just as it crossed the road into the woods. Thought I was seeing things at the time (like maybe it was a ginormous, alien groundhog or something like that!), but maybe not...

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    Just a heads up, I saw a Mama bear and cub today about 10:30 am in the Mechanicsville area. I wasnt prepared for a bear sighting but they were in the woods on rt. 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom