• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I might have missed it, but I don't think there's an attempt to register already owned long guns. If there is, good luck with that. I can't remember how many FTF long gun transfers that I've been involved with for which there's no papertrail (although one had no reason to believe that the recipient shouldn't be allowed to own a MD legal long gun).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Only if you are an existing resident. Any new purchases must be registered. If you move in to the state you must register EVERYTHING. Make and model, Serial numbers, decription, your name and address, driver’s license number or SONDEX, height, weight, sex, hair color, eye color and social security number.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Remember folks registration leads to confiscation throughout history! Period!
    Don't think this scenario will happen in Maryland?? Think again!!
    I'm going to keep my comments to myself on what I personally think should happen to the traitors seen in this video!!

[YT]n6Lyeeq17fY[/YT]

This video deserves its own thread
    It has less than 6,000 views. Sad.
    I don't see why it would be any different in MD
    Officers would ask for the weapons
    people would give them over.
    It's how a law abiding person handles the situation.
    This is why more letters, calls, emails should be sent out. It's how our side has stopped change from happening each and every time in the past.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Only if you are an existing resident. Any new purchases must be registered. If you move in to the state you must register EVERYTHING. Make and model, Serial numbers, decription, your name and address, driver’s license number or SONDEX, height, weight, sex, hair color, eye color and social security number.

Can we provide a voluntary stool sample with that registration?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    This video deserves its own thread
    It has less than 6,000 views. Sad.
    I don't see why it would be any different in MD
    Officers would ask for the weapons
    people would give them over.
    It's how a law abiding person handles the situation.
    This is why more letters, calls, emails should be sent out. It's how our side has stopped change from happening each and every time in the past.

Regarding oaths, apparently some California police officers don't care about the Constitution of the United States. So much wrong in that video, I don't know where to start! This sort of $&@* is on its way to our state more than ever if we let it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Remember folks registration leads to confiscation throughout history! Period!
    Don't think this scenario will happen in Maryland?? Think again!!
    I'm going to keep my comments to myself on what I personally think should happen to the traitors seen in this video!!

[YT]n6Lyeeq17fY[/YT]

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    You need a show of force. Get 70,000+ people open-carrying long rifles in Maryland. You can fill an Orioles or Ravens game with tens of thousands of people in a stadium, but can't get people to show up for their 2nd Amendment right?
    The fight is over the middle of the political spectrum. sounds like a great way to lose support.
    Then again calling for an open carry rally would get you maybe 100 guys at most.
    Rally are not how we will ever win. It is supporting the most gun friendly candidate at the early point in primary and if they don't win the nomination, then then support which ever candidate is better of the Dem vs GOP and 99.99% the GOP one is better on the Second. That and supporting the NRA, which is currently outspent 10:1 to 17:1 by the gun control lobby depending on how you count

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    I’ve never understood why the gun culture thinks it has a friend in law enforcement. It’s baffling.

Yes, I’m aware there are members of law enforcement who are in the gun culture. Some are represented on this site. But do you really expect.... anyone? ..... to think that you’re going to refuse a “lawful” order to confiscate guns? And sacrifice your job, your career, your pension, everything, just so some guy you don’t even know can keep his formerely-legal gun that a bunch of politicians have just declared illegal?

You might have the courage to sacrifice your life for a stranger, in the line of duty.

But you’re not going to sacrifice your career for someone’s rights.

Let’s stop with all this oath keeper nonsense.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The whole point is, and Curran's drooling in his "Farewell to Arms" treatise alludes to this in part, is simply to create a culture whereby being a gun owner makes one feel ostracized. And keeps them in a perpetual state of unrest worrying about when a knock on the door for something they didn't even know they did wrong comes. If they make enough gun laws they know most people won't be able to comply 100% with all of them even if they try their hardest.

God these people and their chubby little grandmoms screeching about action are sad individuals.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Sort of application of the Ayn Rand thing.

Good men will not need to be governed so pass laws to make the fear becoming criminals.

My paraphrase. And the quote.

Ayn Rand said:
    There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

The whole point is, and Curran's drooling in his "Farewell to Arms" treatise alludes to this in part, is simply to create a culture whereby being a gun owner makes one feel ostracized. And keeps them in a perpetual state of unrest worrying about when a knock on the door for something they didn't even know they did wrong comes. If they make enough gun laws they know most people won't be able to comply 100% with all of them even if they try their hardest.

God these people and their chubby little grandmoms are sad individuals.

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    NYC passed such a law, promising that it would never lead to confiscation. Then they confiscated them.

Nazi Germany did the same. cept the jews went to the gulags. Then places like death camps.

You do know US gun control laws are basically verbatim of Nazi Germans, right?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Wasn't the Nazi's gun control laws - it was the Weimer Republic's laws that the Nazi's used.

Maryland isn't there yet, but Illinois is with the FOID card.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    Just sent in $500 to MSI today. Would anyone else like to join or top that? It's a worthy cause and as Rack says, our best hope. And a lot more important than spending your tax refund on another wide screen TV.

Agreed. Put my money where my convictions are; joined and matched yesterday. May be in Annapolis on Monday.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Just sent in $500 to MSI today. Would anyone else like to join or top that? It's a worthy cause and as Rack says, our best hope. And a lot more important than spending your tax refund on another wide screen TV.

Agreed. Put my money where my convictions are; joined and matched yesterday. May be in Annapolis on Monday.

Hats off to you both! On behalf of MSI....THANK YOU!

Feb 28, 2013
    Wasn't the Nazi's gun control laws - it was the Weimer Republic's laws that the Nazi's used.

Maryland isn't there yet, but Illinois is with the FOID card.

The Hell we ain’t...

They had registration. So do we.

What part of “shall not be infringed” do people not understand???

Feb 28, 2013
    I’ve never understood why the gun culture thinks it has a friend in law enforcement. It’s baffling.

Yes, I’m aware there are members of law enforcement who are in the gun culture. Some are represented on this site. But do you really expect.... anyone? ..... to think that you’re going to refuse a “lawful” order to confiscate guns? And sacrifice your job, your career, your pension, everything, just so some guy you don’t even know can keep his formerely-legal gun that a bunch of politicians have just declared illegal?

You might have the courage to sacrifice your life for a stranger, in the line of duty.

But you’re not going to sacrifice your career for someone’s rights.

Let’s stop with all this oath keeper nonsense.

Nonsense my ass.

Sure, there are officers of questionable integrity, but the vast majority swear to defend the Constitution of the US and are damn proud of that.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The Hell we ain’t...

They had registration. So do we.

What part of “shall not be infringed” do people not understand???
    Long gun FTF is not registered, nor do we have a permit to possess - yet. What we do have is most certainly infringements, just not (close) yet to the extreme of Weimer Republic. All in the name of public safety - sound familiar...

Weimer Republic law required registration and permit to possess which could be revoked at anytime.

Hell, the 1919 law was shoot on sight anyone having a gun. But it also required guns to be turned in. The contradiction was not lost on at least one German official who said he would not be surprised to see people dragging the gun behind them on a piece of string.

If you've got the time, read Gun Control in the Third Reich.

Feb 28, 2013
    Long gun FTF is not registered, nor do we have a permit to possess - yet. What we do have is most certainly infringements, just not (close) yet to the extreme of Weimer Republic. All in the name of public safety - sound familiar...

Weimer Republic law required registration and permit to possess which could be revoked at anytime.

Hell, the 1919 law was shoot on sight anyone having a gun. But it also required guns to be turned in. The contradiction was not lost on at least one German official who said he would not be surprised to see people dragging the gun behind them on a piece of string.

If you've got the time, read Gun Control in the Third Reich.

Sounds VERY familiar....

Few here in this community possess a level of hatred for the gooberment that compares to mine, so while you may not see it, both spades look alike me. Neither are to be trusted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom