• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Shooter walks in. "Good morning, Officer", he says with a smile.

"Please empty your pockets and go through the metal detector" Says officer Barbrady. Shooter reaches in his pocket and pulls out his pocket pistol. Before officer Barbrady knows what is going on, he has been shot. Shooter is once again in a shooting gallery with no opposition.

The only effective method is to have multiple armed people, and nobody knows who they are.

Show me 6 holes in the ground. Tell me one contains $100, and one has a pissed off rattlesnake. I'm not putting my hand in any of them.....

And the shooter now has his gun and officer Barbrady's gun. That was the theory behind the Liberator Pistol and part of the reason they were never deployed in quantity, too dammed scary.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Add Oregon to the list now.

Don't want armed teachers? What is so bad about metal detectors in schools? I mean mandatory in every school nationwide. In all these school events they just walk in with ease, how about fixing THAT

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I'll say it again, as an educator and parent. Until the communities, parents, demand a change a change will not occur.

TD

Mr H

Banana'd
    The Oregon school (2800 students) had 2 full-time LEOs on-site (presumably because of gang issues).

This still happened... AND, on exit pat-down, another handgun was discovered on another student.

So here we have a conundrum...

Do we toss up our hands and allow the schools to fend for themselves? Do we have an armed guard in every hallway?

Or, do we look at something in-between? I say this, which would include better community policing, education, and selectively arming teachers.

That said, there is AIUI no real statistical change in these sorts of issues but, with the increased news capability (and agenda??) they get magnified to the point of hysteria.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Have as much physical, mechanical, electronic and visual methods money can buy. The real problem is that there will always be human failure in that process.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Unfortunately, the reality is these politicians dont' care about making schools safer. If they truly cared, they would be listening to the numerous bipartisan people who have advocated safety measures, from Clinton's Cops in Schools to the NRA's School Shield program, the suggestions are out there.

Unfortunatly the politicians have realized school shootings are their last best hope for gun control in America and if the blood stops flowing, their hopes dry up.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Unfortunately, the reality is these politicians dont' care about making schools safer. If they truly cared, they would be listening to the numerous bipartisan people who have advocated safety measures, from Clinton's Cops in Schools to the NRA's School Shield program, the suggestions are out there.

Unfortunatly the politicians have realized school shootings are their last best hope for gun control in America and if the blood stops flowing, their hopes dry up.

Correct. But no safety measure can be. 100% effective and the. Real risk to children are gangs.. which parents know too well.

Parents know the deal. When risk becomes to high they will pull Thier kids out of school. Until then we wait of the real nightmare. .. a terrorist assault on one or more schools.

Its a given. Time to raise the alarm so it can be ignored.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom