Any negative consequences to registering as a Dem?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Since the filthy bastards in Annapolis have successfully gerrymandered my representation away, and I now live in a majority-Democrat district, I am giving serious consideration to registering as a "D".

I'm not contemplating this because I agree with anything that the D party represents. But, if someone steals your well, you've got every right to piss in it. I would piss in their well by supporting any pro-liberty, pro-2nd-Amendment Democrat candidate who opposes their party-machine hacks, in the primaries. In general elections, I will always vote (as I always have) for pro-liberty, pro-American-values candidates.

Before I do this, though, I want to know if there are any real, actual negative consequences to registering as a "D". Besides, obviously, the dirty, filthy, sleazy feeling I would have, whenever I looked at my voter registration card.

Thoughts?

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    not in MD
    I'm an independent and thought about changing to D just to vote in primaries, but in the end the candidates I like in this state rarely win anyway so .....

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I came to the same conclusion a while ago.

The problem is that if you plan to do anything other than vote, say, work on a committee, there's a good chance that it will find it's way to the Internet. Someday when you find your dream job with the employer who considers it "team building" to take his employee's to his farm and do mag dumps with his class III collection, you may regret it when you apply and he Googles your name.

Likewise, if you've ever given any money to a conservative candidate that they reported, that's public record that your new friends monitor.

BTW, trying to change things from the "inside" and being outed as a Democrat later by well-meaning like-thinkers (fellow conservatives) is a real possibility. That's not a hypothetical either.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    Since the filthy bastards in Annapolis have successfully gerrymandered my representation away, and I now live in a majority-Democrat district, I am giving serious consideration to registering as a "D".

I'm not contemplating this because I agree with anything that the D party represents. But, if someone steals your well, you've got every right to piss in it. I would piss in their well by supporting any pro-liberty, pro-2nd-Amendment Democrat candidate who opposes their party-machine hacks, in the primaries. In general elections, I will always vote (as I always have) for pro-liberty, pro-American-values candidates.

Before I do this, though, I want to know if there are any real, actual negative consequences to registering as a "D". Besides, obviously, the dirty, filthy, sleazy feeling I would have, whenever I looked at my voter registration card.

Thoughts?
    No matter what, if you're a Conservative and live in Maryland you might just as well be living in Venezuela or Nth. Korea. You'll never win.

Best for us to move somewhere else...I for one am really tired of pissing into the wind!

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside

Party infiltration! I like the way you think! :thumbsup:

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I say...If you are trying to support a party like Constitution Party (Pick your own party that is not recognized in MD), then you are not doing it any favors. Register as an unaffiliated, until we can get enough signatures to get Constitution Party recognized in Md.
    I just recently decided to drop the Republican party for Constitution Party recently as I found the Republican party no longer represents my values.
    I am registered as "unaffiliated" until I can work to get Constitution Party Recognized in Maryland.

Mr H

Banana'd

Thoughts?

My wife and I are "unaffiliated", and will likely remain that way until just before the next primary cycle, then switch D to pitch support AGAINST the incumbents and Curran & Co.... then go back to I for the general.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    You get to vote who you don't like twice!

I've always been a Democrat, and glady voted against Gargiola and then for Bartlett. Rage against the (Maryland Communist Yuppie Annapolis Owe'Malley) Machine!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    not in MD
    I'm an independent and thought about changing to D just to vote in primaries, but in the end the candidates I like in this state rarely win anyway so .....

Visiting the following link to register only list four parties.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/index.html

Democratic Party

Republican Party

Libertarian Party

Green Party

On June 3, 2010, the Board closed the Party's campaign finance entity due to inactivity. The Party is no longer recognized in Maryland.

http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/40party/html/independent.html

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Visiting the following link to register only list four parties.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/index.html

Democratic Party

Republican Party

Libertarian Party

Green Party

On June 3, 2010, the Board closed the Party's campaign finance entity due to inactivity. The Party is no longer recognized in Maryland.

http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/40party/html/independent.html

Probably meant unaffiliated. Folks tend to erroneously say independent, me being guilty of it at times.

nicktide

Oct 23, 2012
    Any negative consequences to registering as a Dem?

Just the loss of your soul. LOL. Yeah that gerrymandering irritates the heck out of me. Even more because it isnt something they even needed to do to get or keep a majority. Republicans get voted down on everything on the state level anyway, now they don't even want to hear what we want.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    One issue: You're a headcount assumed to be in favor of everything that the Democratic Party is. The Dems may use their raw numbers to justify new legislation or bully Republicans into submission. It's minor, but it is a disadvantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom