• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    A buddy of mine showed up at my house with his 249 recently mad as a hornet. It seems he went shooting with a law enforcement acquaintance and ran into a little whoopsie. Dude lays his 9mm striker fired pistol down on the table pointing sideways at my buddy's 249 instead of down range. My buddy says "Hey, that thing's not loaded is it??" LE dude says "No! See?" as he barely lifts it up off the table without changing the orientation and pulls the trigger. BANG!!!!! Right through the 249 stock it goes and into a nearby wall. No more shooting with that guy!

Yikes!!! Be careful who you go to the range with folks.

Glad it wasn't mine and nobody was hurt.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    To me, the scariest thing of all is that dude is in LE. I don't know in what capacity and I didn't ask but WoW...just WoW!!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I found him another stock and he let me keep this one. It's still useable though; maybe I'll put it on mine the next time I go to the range. That'll get the fudds riled for sure! HAHA!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    See, he just safely shot it in the stock to disable it, like you're supposed to shoot bad guys in the leg so nobody dies.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Customer brought a doozy to the shop a few years ago. It was a Registered Receiver MP5K Machinegun that a L.E.O. at the range shot by accident with his handgun. The handgun round collapsed/dented the rear of the receiver badly and destroyed the folder.

It was my last week at the shop so I'm not sure what the results were.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The closest I ever came to a butt pucker moment like this was one time when I had a slam fire with my MP44. I had it pointing in the right direction with the muzzle pointing down and down range but still, it hit concrete just a few feet in front of us and made a nice little crater. First thing out of my mouth was "WHOA!!!" That sort of thing brings everything into sharp focus in a hurry!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Not defending your buddy since he did NOT CLEAR the firearm, but is that the SIG that has been going off without touching the trigger?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Customer brought a doozy to the shop a few years ago. It was a Registered Receiver MP5K Machinegun that a L.E.O. at the range shot by accident with his handgun. The handgun round collapsed/dented the rear of the receiver badly and destroyed the folder.

It was my last week at the shop so I'm not sure what the results were.

Stupid can be expensive!!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That's why Rule Number One is "All guns are always loaded."

Your friend's question, "That thing's not loaded is it?" was the wrong question, because the answer is always "Yes."

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I had a retired Cop hand me his loaded gun he wanted me to look at , I unloaded it and handed it back . Not sure if he will ever hand me another one , but I don't care . When I am at the gun club I use plastic flags for all my guns I have out . It is a visual for others to know the guns won't fire .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom