• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Ok, my reading of the 2013 FSA, the CZ Scorpion Carbine is still Maryland legal. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Does any dealer in MD have one for sale? Would prefer the version without the faux suppressor.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ok, my reading of the 2013 FSA, the CZ Scorpion Carbine is still Maryland legal. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Does any dealer in MD have one for sale? Would prefer the version without the faux suppressor.

They are fine, many dealers have them or can get one. Pretty sure Engage has one on the wall.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Make sure wherever you get it the flash hiding comp is pulled off. I’ve seen a few dealers not removing it, and failing to do so with the folding stock makes it a banned Copycat weapon.

Money_B_85

Mar 30, 2017
    Make sure wherever you get it the flash hiding comp is pulled off. I’ve seen a few dealers not removing it, and failing to do so with the folding stock makes it a banned Copycat weapon.

Copycat of what? It’s on the approved MD Roster. Can’t make it a SBR due to the length, but that’s about it.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Damn, I forgot about the two evil feature rule. Or more specifically I forgot about the folding stock (which I don't need.)Maybe I will just wait a year or two for retirement and relocation.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Good safety tip forgot about that.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Copycat of what? It’s on the approved MD Roster. Can’t make it a SBR due to the length, but that’s about it.

Under maryland law if it has two evil features, which are a flash suppressor, a folding stock or a grenade launcher it is considered a copycat assault weapon and is banned unless you owned it prior to 10/1/2013.

Being a copy of a banned firearm is something separate. That is being a 100% parts interchangeable “copy” of a banned “assault rifle”, “assault shotgun” or “assault pistol”. If the firearm is not 100% parts interchangeable with something in the banned list and does not have 2 or more banned features then it is legal (except pistols, those specifically have to be on the MD handgun roster)

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012

It's advertised as a muzzle brake, there's no need to pull it off. I've seen them at half a dozen shops in MD and never seen one with the MD swapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom