• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    So I bought this back when I used to moonlight at the local GS, at the time it was restricted as a push button knife. I don't have the box, no idea of the model but it is a push button....and is a benchmade. Would love to know model and approx. value, it has dings and some wear. Function is 100%
    I know what the other damascus knife is that one came from Tony Galazan.

Attachments

• Picture 597.jpg
      Picture 597.jpg
      133.1 KB · Views: 633
    • Picture 598.jpg
      Picture 598.jpg
      111.8 KB · Views: 619

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    That's a Gen 1 Mini Reflex, 2550S. Now discontinued in favor of the 2551 series. I wouldn't really call it collectible as of yet, those were a fairly big production run, Benchmade's most popular auto during many years. It's about a $200 knife new so you're probably looking at maybe around a hundred and fifty bucks value.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I could take it apart but I don't see any numbers just "Benchmade USA" on the blade with a Bali-Song butterfly above

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Not sure why you want to take it apart when I just told you what model you have but anyways... :) the butterfly is standard on all Benchmades. It was Le De Asis first knife when he started the company by himself. Interesting ly it's also why he and his company's 300+ jobs are in Oregon now. Becaisr Commiefornia was so shitty about butterfly knives.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks Zoostation. It's been in a drawer for so long forgot what it was. Is it legal to sell in MD?

http://www.knifeup.com/maryland-knife-laws/

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-105 (2012)

§ 4-105. Transfer of switchblade or shooting knife

(a) Prohibited. — A person may not sell, barter, display, or offer to sell or barter:

(1) a knife or a penknife having a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, commonly called a switchblade knife or a switchblade penknife; or

(2) a device that is designed to propel a knife from a metal sheath by means of a high-compression ejector spring, commonly called a shooting knife.

(b) Penalty. — A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 12 months or a fine of not less than $ 50 and not exceeding $ 500 or both.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I sure hope "Display" means in a showcase or waving it around in your hand, and doesn't mean posting pictures.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Happy to say this "law" against selling switchblades in Maryland does not seem to be enforced, nor should it be.

Tends to be the case with knife laws, rarely enforced with the "kick in your door" methods of gun laws, and there is enough confusion and plain bad writing of the statutes both federal and state. Generally in MD, you don't want to carry an auto without .gov credentials, don't want to get caught selling it, and some manufacturers won't ship one back to you if you send it in for repairs without credentials. Plenty of online and local retailers will sell them, and they are legal to own, if buying online, don't use USPS as a shipping option;)

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I have one its called Benchmade 9050 AFO I got it back in the early 90's there is no lock on mine. Sorry it this one Benchmade 2000 Reflex Automatic Switchblade mine has a more rounded butt
    Chris

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-105 (2012)

§ 4-105. Transfer of switchblade or shooting knife

(a) Prohibited. — A person may not sell, barter, display, or offer to sell or barter:

I am re-posting with a more accurate question as to the knife:

Would it be legal to give away a switchblade as a gift?

Display is a bit vague to me.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I am re-posting with a more accurate question as to the knife:

Would it be legal to give away a switchblade as a gift?

Display is a bit vague to me.

No prohibition in the law for "transfer" or "receive" like the >10rd mag law, display is vauge, would appear to apply to displaying for sale or barter, and that is what knife folks generally go by, but it's vague enough would probably come down to a lawyer fight if someone were actually arrrested over it, probably from being stupid enough to actually admit to breaking a law.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    No prohibition in the law for "transfer" or "receive" like the >10rd mag law, display is vauge, would appear to apply to displaying for sale or barter, and that is what knife folks generally go by, but it's vague enough would probably come down to a lawyer fight if someone were actually arrrested over it, probably from being stupid enough to actually admit to breaking a law.
    Thank you!

There may be an MDS karma brewing, if the Mods OK it.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis

Lot of cases in the tax area re whether something is a gift or a transfer for value. A quid pro quo ( something for something) is not a gift. So a transfer to the guy who fixes your gutters in lieu of payment is not a gift. A detached and disinterested generosity is. Look at the relationship of donor and donee and what the reason, if any, for the transfer was. Its is a question of fact finding for a judge or a jury, so how the transferor and transferee classify it is of no real consequence. My $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom