• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I think it’s a decent trigger for the money. A friend has one and swears by Larue products. I played with it a bit and decided to order one too, it took a few weeks to show up.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    There was just another "Triggers" thread with Larue getting good reviews.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    There was just another "Triggers" thread with Larue getting good reviews.

I knew there was one floating around but I didn't search. I just went to the Depot and scanned real quick to see if anyone had listed it. I didn't realize the sale had been advertised so long ago.

KYtoMD

Mar 23, 2017
    MD
    Can someone who has one of these as well as a Geissele SSA or G2S comment on how they feel compared to each other?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Can someone who has one of these as well as a Geissele SSA or G2S comment on how they feel compared to each other?

Overall weight between the SSA and MBT are about equal on a trigger pull gauge with the light trigger spring the LaRue comes with.

The heavier trigger spring makes it about a pound heavier across both stages.

I prefer the heavier spring for reliability sake.

I prefer the contour of the geissele triggers. Geissele are rounded on the trigger edges like a USGI trigger. The LaRue has more squared edges to the sides of the trigger and it's not as comfortable to me. Sone people have the opposite opinion.

I'm not a fan of the G2S because of the d clip retainer for the hammer pin.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Overall weight between the SSA and MBT are about equal on a trigger pull gauge with the light trigger spring the LaRue comes with.

The heavier trigger spring makes it about a pound heavier across both stages.

I prefer the heavier spring for reliability sake.

I prefer the contour of the geissele triggers. Geissele are rounded on the trigger edges like a USGI trigger. The LaRue has more squared edges to the sides of the trigger and it's not as comfortable to me. Sone people have the opposite opinion.

I'm not a fan of the G2S because of the d clip retainer for the hammer pin.

Well, partly based on your recommendations and just generally reading up on it I ordered two MBTs, One to go in my 6.5g AR hunting rig and one to go in my 20" .223 precision rifle. It sounds a bit like it is hard to go wrong with either the LaRue of the Geissele and since my budget is pretty danged limited...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well, partly based on your recommendations and just generally reading up on it I ordered two MBTs, One to go in my 6.5g AR hunting rig and one to go in my 20" .223 precision rifle. It sounds a bit like it is hard to go wrong with either the LaRue of the Geissele and since my budget is pretty danged limited...

My last order only took 2 weeks to get me two of them. I think you will like it.

You will likely have to remove the safety to get it in the lower, but they are great triggers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My last order only took 2 weeks to get me two of them. I think you will like it.

You will likely have to remove the safety to get it in the lower, but they are great triggers.

Good to know, thanks! I am used to not having to with regular milspec, so I am sure I’d struggle for awhile before I figured it out.

I did some shooting today. Grendel is right where I want it. 2” high at 100 and dead on at 50. Then I shot some off hand and I was 3” low and right at 50. Being more careful and I was only about 1” low and to the right at 50. Definitely notice I am squeezing the grip, especially off hand. Even with the lighter spring in the “enhanced” otherwise milspec trigger the pull is probably 6.5#, maybe 7# and not the smoothest.

Hopefully the triggers come in time for me to swap and get to the range before my final hunting trip of the season.

But beyond that, use my sling, be more careful, aim for the shoulder or just behind the shoulder, not low and a little forward of the shoulder like I was (thinking my likely failure would be pulling it high and left...nope, I am squeezing the grip too hard and low and right is where it is going.). Get better trigger (hopefully it comes in time), practice more off hand shooting, and find a tree or try to get in to a kneeling or sitting position to have more support.

I’d bet that’s why I missed one or two of the deer I did last year in early muzzleloader season (though that trigger on my ML is nice and light and super crisp, I was still probably tightening my grip a lot on the semi-pistol grip stock and trying to pull it in to my shoulder with my trigger hand too much rather than using my sling to do that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom