• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I have been getting some info on the Ruger in 6.5 Creedmore. It looks like quite a rifle, shooting sub-MOA groups with this 6mm round. Although I have more rifles than I need already, it looks like a good deal at the low end of the price point. Unfortunately, not many places to go varmint hunting in Balto County. Anybody hear shoot the 6.5 Creedmore and can give us the good news on this rifle?

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    I have this Ruger American Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor with GoWild I-M Brush Camo Stock and AI-Style Magazine. I like it a lot but I'm not that great a shot. I have not tested it in my Caldwell Lead Sled but think it would be Sub-MOA. Here is one of my shooting videos:

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have the Ruger American Predator in 6.5CM and it is an accurate rifle for sure, BUT the stock leaves a LOT to be desired. It flexes like mad. For the money, I would buy the Thompson Center Compass. It's currently less expensive than the RAP and the stocks are solid. The only advantage the RAP has right now is the ability to use AICS mags.

I will eventually get a Boyd's stock or a chassis for my RAP, which no longer makes it an inexpensive shooter.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I have the Ruger American Predator in 6.5CM and it is an accurate rifle for sure, BUT the stock leaves a LOT to be desired. It flexes like mad. For the money, I would buy the Thompson Center Compass. It's currently less expensive than the RAP and the stocks are solid. The only advantage the RAP has right now is the ability to use AICS mags.

I will eventually get a Boyd's stock or a chassis for my RAP, which no longer makes it an inexpensive shooter.

Do you have the new modular stock or the non-modular stock? The current stocks have much more rigidity due to some changes in the design that were incorporated at the same time as the modular magazine well.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I don't really measure groups. I do know that it can hit reliably at 1000 yards though.

And the stock is fine. Jack shave off the inside if it's touching the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom