• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    Will compensate. I work at a testing facility and we are testing the gun today with government witnesses. The kicker is the client sent us single stack mags by mistake and we need the doublestacks. Please PM me if you have some that I could borrow until Tuesday (1/20)

We're in the Bel Air area, considering we need the mags today if you are more than 45 minutes away it may not work.

Thanks

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's the sort of thing that you might have to prove in court--from the defensive side--in Maryland. Not only are the laws there complex and convoluted, the enforcers don't understand them any better than anyone else does.

i know right. common sense need not apply.

"Here, borrow my car for the afternoon. Don't forget to retitle it and insure it in your name while you have it." :rolleyes:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm not going to debate the definition of the word "transfer". That's been debated in the 2A section many times I believe.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I thought we already had a court ruling on this. Borrowing, even for an extended period (like months) is not transferring, at least not for handguns.

You can believe me, because I'm a guy on the internet. Print this post out and carry it in your wallet.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I thought we already had a court ruling on this. Borrowing, even for an extended period (like months) is not transferring, at least not for handguns.

You can believe me, because I'm a guy on the internet. Print this post out and carry it in your wallet.

Done. :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    FWIW, the whole "borrowing a handgun from someone is perfectly legal, because a judge ruled that it wasn't a transfer" has NOT been tested for situations in which the borrower is not a cop. Call me cynical, but I doubt John Q. Public would have gotten the same opinion.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    My concern is not that the BATFE would have problems with a loan vs. a transfer, but that MD, with its odd way of doing things, might take a different approach--especially when it comes to an item that can't be sold within the state anymore.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    The definition of transfer has been settled by Maryland courts. Chow v State of Maryland ruled that transfer means permanent transfer of ownership, not lending. This was a firearm case.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I wouldn't bet too much on the Chow case. That pertained to the transfer of a regulated firearm and if I am not mistaken, did not deal with the word "receive," which is mentioned in the mag limit law. While it would probably hold up in my layman's opinion, there's a lot at stake to make that leap. IANAL!

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    If the issue is so doubtful, I'm surprised my local FFL01 takes the chance renting guns with standard capacity magazines on their range.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Single stack CZ82 mags? Sure you have the right gun? I believe the CA legal version of the mag is still double stack even at 10 rounds. Could be wrong though. What are you testing that 2 rounds will make a difference? Also your offer of compensation could be considered by some to be a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom