Anybody got a .480 I can shoot?Reload .480-.500 SW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I' ve still got 40 rds .480 left sold the gun a year ago and the shop said couldn't accept the ammo with it.Schedule has been unpredictable but would like to find someone local that can meet some place mutually agreeable to burn off this ammo.Factory 325 gr,twenty rds Hornady,20 rds 325 gr Gold Dot.A little late in mentioning but threw out a couple hundred rounds empty .480 and .500 SW brass because couldn't find anyone to take them.So any reloaders that would be interested could take the empties as well.Can bring along a couple of Garands,AKs,M1A,.500 SW and other various caliber pistols to allow trigger time as well.Don't really need to make an entire day of it an hour or so would be fine,just want to let off a little steam.Haven't fired any off in far too long.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Nope,.480 Ruger,but do have the .460 and .500 SW.Sold the .480 after purchasing the .500,the .460 was more or less an impulse buy.Didn't see the need in keeping the 480 around.Haven't fired the .460 yet due in part to the fact I received a recall from SW about barrel failures on the Performance Center models and of course mine fell in the serial # range.Haven't sent it back yet or fired anything else since.Not out of fear but just lack of time and opportunity,always something else to do.Not a great excuse but the story of my life as of late.If I ever to get around to sending it back to be checked out I will have .454 Casull and .460 brass to go along with the .500 as well.Don't see me ever getting into reloading at least these calibers.Honestly don't think I shoot well enough to take advantage of the reach out and touch potential of the .460 anyway.Think I'll stick to rifles for distances and takedown power.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    If you want to give the .460 brass to someone, the range officers at hap baker will gladly accept it, especially Bill who works there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom