• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Call your local concrete yard. They know who's good and who's trash.

And since they sell concrete to both types, they aren't likely to tell you one from the other. (That is IF they know anything about them other than whether or not they pay their bills)

Is there anyone in your neighborhood, at work, church, the bar, etc. who had work done recently? Don't know anybody on the shore.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    And since they sell concrete to both types, they aren't likely to tell you one from the other. (That is IF they know anything about them other than whether or not they pay their bills)

Is there anyone in your neighborhood, at work, church, the bar, etc. who had work done recently? Don't know anybody on the shore.

You don't work in the construction trade do you? My family has for 50+ years. 99% of yards will tell you to look at somebody else if they suck. Bad concrete work falls on the installer and yard. They fight over who is at fault, the mix or the installer.

My 2¢

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    You don't work in the construction trade do you? My family has for 50+ years. 99% of yards will tell you to look at somebody else if they suck. Bad concrete work falls on the installer and yard. They fight over who is at fault, the mix or the installer.

My 2¢

Not any more, did concrete for to many years. I've done everything from sidewalks to schools. Chaney, Aggregate, TBH, Schuster, etc. aren't gonna know squat about the little guy who buys his concrete 6-9 yards at a time doing small jobs like patios and sidewalks.

I live in Centreville, the guy down the road from me is named Peanut, he poured my slab out back of my garage and did an excellent job.
    Use to have an above ground pool there, the slab is two 4X4's thick and approximately 18 feet by 30 feet. Total cost $1700.00, I slipped him an extra $50 for a nice job.

dan

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    At least three of my neighbors got new poured concrete driveways in the last 2 months in Stevensville. I'll see if I can get their contractors name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom