Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > 2 A Sales & Supplies

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:36 PM   #1
Dal1as

Guidence on AR build.

I'll be stopping by 2A next week but want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row for what I want to do.

After research it looks like the best route for me is to buy a HBAR and then go through the process of turning it into a suppressed SBR. This way I could basically have 2 rifles. One in .223 and one in .300 blackout.

I could use the .223 for a cheaper plinker and and the SBR .300 for a home defense rifle but also a fun range rifle.

I don't have a HQL but it doesn't look like I need one for the HBAR. Not sure about the SBR stuff and suppressor but it seems like I will have to submit 2 forms for that and then get the lower engraved. Buy the upper and barrel, etc.

So, anything I missed? Any pros and cons to my approach.

My wife actually agreed with my approach last night.

"Look, I'm all for committing atrocities to humans (I'm conservative after all), but the hard and fast rule is that you do not bring harm to the innocent. Children and animals are off limits. Now, politicians, hookers, strippers? They're soulless so it's perfectly legal."
Dal1as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:42 PM   #2
2Asales&Supplies

Up In Arms Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal1as View Post
I'll be stopping by 2A next week but want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row for what I want to do.

After research it looks like the best route for me is to buy a HBAR and then go through the process of turning it into a suppressed SBR. This way I could basically have 2 rifles. One in .223 and one in .300 blackout.

I could use the .223 for a cheaper plinker and and the SBR .300 for a home defense rifle but also a fun range rifle.

I don't have a HQL but it doesn't look like I need one for the HBAR. Not sure about the SBR stuff and suppressor but it seems like I will have to submit 2 forms for that and then get the lower engraved. Buy the upper and barrel, etc.

So, anything I missed? Any pros and cons to my approach.

My wife actually agreed with my approach last night.

Sounds like your ducks are lined up nicely.

You don't need a HQL for a HBAR to SBR yourself, but you would need one if you purchased a SBR from a Dealer.

8610 Washington Blvd #209
Jessup, MD 20794
T-F 12 - 7, Sat 10:30 - 4
PH (240) 456-0060
Follow us on Facebook!
2Asales&Supplies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:56 PM   #3
Dal1as

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Asales&Supplies View Post
Sounds like your ducks are lined up nicely.

You don't need a HQL for a HBAR to SBR yourself, but you would need one if you purchased a SBR from a Dealer.
Ok, cool. So it looks like my steps would be.

1. Step on over to 2A and get an HBAR.
2. Submit forms to turn lower into SBR and also for suppressor.
3. Get lower engraved? Do you guys do that?
4. Buy another upper, barrel, and suppressor for the SBR...

So any HBAR you have in stock that you would recommend? Same with the SBR setup, barrel size, suppressor. Looks like people are going with 10.5 inch barrels here in Maryland.

Also what have been the general wait times for the paperwork to ATF?

"Look, I'm all for committing atrocities to humans (I'm conservative after all), but the hard and fast rule is that you do not bring harm to the innocent. Children and animals are off limits. Now, politicians, hookers, strippers? They're soulless so it's perfectly legal."
Dal1as is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > 2 A Sales & Supplies