• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There's your answer.

Get as many of these draconian laws on the books before SCOTUS rules. The laws will be on the books for years later until 4CA or SCOTUS rules.

And if the SCOTUS decision in NSYRPA is feckless and cowardly, so much the "better" for Bloomberg.

No- IF SCOTUS issues a favorable ruling by June, the probability of an injunction against this law would be very high. Atterbeary is ignorant or in denial about the cases in front of the court. Or, she simply does not care and is just going through the motions to please Bloomberg. I'd bet the latter.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looking at definitions, what the ****?!?

Wait...

PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON” MEANS A GRIP THAT ALLOWS FOR A PISTOL–STYLE GRASP IN WHICH THE WEB OF THE TRIGGER HAND BETWEEN THE THUMB AND INDEX FINGER CAN BE PLACED BELOW THE TOP OF THE EXPOSED PORTION OF THE TRIGGER WHILE FIRING.

That’s likely any rifle that doesn’t have a straight wrist stock. That is ALL semi-automatic detachable magazine rifles are banned.

I checked, granted it’s isn’t a semi-auto, but my Sako bolt gun and it’s semi-pistol wrist Monte Carlo stock lets me position the web of my hand below the top of the exposed part of the trigger.

Huh, you dont say. This is my shocked face |[

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I think back to John Adam's day.

In a series of letters printed anonymously in the Boston Gazette, John Adams warned readers that if they allowed the British Parliament to trample their rights, they would meet the same fate as the Irish—in a state of subjugation, and compelled to live on potatoes and water. In the months that followed, the Americans would take such ominous warnings to heart as they started to prepare for war. In Concord, provincial militiamen started to gather arms and gunpowder in preparation for a confrontation with the British Army. On April 19, 1775, the day of reckoning came. Receiving reports that the colonists were hoarding arms in order to supply a provincial army of rebels, General Thomas Gage dispatched approximately seven hundred redcoats to Concord. In the early morning hours of April 19, Captain John Parker and a collection of militiamen blocked their way at Lexington Green, where the first battle of American Revolution unfolded. No one was certain who fired the first shot, but by the end of the day, nearly four thousand Massachusetts militiamen had encircled the British regulars, and chased them back to Boston where they surrounded the town by land.

I fear history will repeat itself as certain factions of our country have not learned from the past. :sad20:

Yes, your correct. Also Look up John D Guandolo. Understanding the Threat to America. some on youtube. I have a DVD.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    No- IF SCOTUS issues a favorable ruling by June, the probability of an injunction against this law would be very high. Atterbeary is ignorant or in denial about the cases in front of the court. Or, she simply does not care and is just going through the motions to please Bloomberg. I'd bet the latter.

Injunction from where? 4CA? Yea, I won't hold my breath on that.

IF there is a favorable ruling, 4CA will not abide, just like Heller.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Injunction from where? 4CA? Yea, I won't hold my breath on that.

IF there is a favorable ruling, 4CA will not abide, just like Heller.

Remember, it was the D.C. court that gave us Wrenn (shall issue) and that was before Trump made his appointments (3 to 4th circuit and and 2 to DC so far). 9 of 15 judges on the 4th are now Trump/Bush/Reagan appointees. Not good odds for Froshole.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Another point we should make is that threaded barrels are commonly available for many pistols, can be installed in seconds, and are unregulated at the Federal level.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Another point we should make is that threaded barrels are commonly available for many pistols, can be installed in seconds, and are unregulated at the Federal level.

I'm done making points for the opposition.

They don't have a clue about what they're trying to regulate, so they count on our letting them know how they can better infringe on our existence.

This site has been a windfall for the GA for years.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Remember, it was the D.C. court that gave us Wrenn (shall issue) and that was before Trump made his appointments (3 to 4th circuit and and 2 to DC so far). 9 of 15 judges on the 4th are now Trump/Bush/Reagan appointees. Not good odds for Froshole.

deleted.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I heard the stated reason is the Dayton shooter.

So take that in to account with your testimony.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    At some point we need to get serious, take the gloves off, and actually fight against the commies. We can't out vote dipshits, we don't have more money than Bloomberg, we can't wait on a do nothing supreme court to maybe look at it in 15 years. We need to mob politicians and their families/friends/drivers whenever they are in public. Make their lives a living hell. Don't commit violence and do not touch them, but if 20 people are inches away and screaming in their faces then that message will be heard. If people are banging on drums at midnight in their neighborhoods then that will also send a message. Feel free to use your imagination but we really have to get more organized, active and aggressive in our defense of our rights.

Or we can use proper decorum while giving testimony and have Dingleberry tell us to shut up while the rest of the bastards play on their phones.

Or we can badger the local media until they actually cover this travesty. How do you think clips of Attadingleberry's tantrums during the hearings would go over with the proletariat?

The soap box and ballot box have been exhausted. Now we turn to the ammo box in an Information War.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

It's obvious she doesn't care, and just wants the big, juicy "contribution" and promotion to a powerful committee chair or state administration directorship position from her owners.

#TheSilentWarContinues

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is different than the other bill with solely Anderson AM 15, whose stated reason is the Dayton Shooter. That one looks downright warm and fizzy compared to this.

No. I won’t mention the person it was unless you want to PM me. I brought that bill up. That one was narrowly targeted but they want to make sure they ban that gun. And gun manufacturers innovate around a lot of stuff. Unfortunately unintended consequences. (Sad face).

I am paraphrasing the conversation only a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom