• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Senator Young has declared war on law-abiding citizens.

Despite the fact that there are comparatively few permit holders in the state of Maryland and that, by and large, permit holders are among the least likely statistics to be involved in crime, much less crimes of violence using a firearm, Senator Young has decided that Wear & Carry Permit holders must attend training ANNUALLY. This will be yet another pricey and burdensome attack on law-abiding firearms owners while doing precisely NOTHING to affect crimes of violence with firearms committed by career criminals in our state.

Read the bill here - http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0422

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They are a bunch of hateful nasty people , yearly certification will cripple us with 3 permit holders in our company . I will yet again lose multiple thousands a year over this plus schooling . azzwholes

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    What would the effect of this be in regard to the May/shall issue cases?

If this makes it more prohibitive, will this push courts to view more infringing?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Can’t wait till SCOTUS confirms the right that people can walk around open and/or concealed nipping all this nonsense in the bud.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Good grief. Does this fool not understand that a W&C permit holder has to take biennial training?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    What if every decent, respectable, hard-working, honest person in MD, just said, F-it... WWNC... and started carrying without permits in a manner that is afforded to us by the US Constitution? Can they really put the whole of the state in jail? And if everyone did it, jury nullification would take care of those who did get arrested. The sooner the MGS figures out that they've made themselves completely irrelevant, the better off we will all be.

If I ever serve on the jury for someone who carries without a permit or outside of their permit restrictions, doesn't have a record of criminal or gang activity, and has done nothing else wrong... I would vote to acquit.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Rather than preach to the choir here, I emailed my state senator (who happens to be the new senate pres). I asked for his explanation of this bill and how it is expected to reduce crime. I also asked that if it was just a publicity stunt by those sponsors (to get reelection votes) that he table it and focus the senate on real legislation to get and keep violent offenders off the streets. Perhaps others can reach out to their elected representatives and ask similar questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Rather than preach to the choir here, I emailed my state senator (who happens to be the new senate pres). I asked for his explanation of this bill and how it is expected to reduce crime. I also asked that if it was just a publicity stunt by those sponsors (to get reelection votes) that he table it and focus the senate on real legislation to get and keep violent offenders off the streets. Perhaps others can reach out to their elected representatives and ask similar questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going out this morning. :thumbsup:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am forced to wonder, why annually? Monthly or even biweekly training seems more appropriate. Maybe CCW holders should be forced to practice scenarios, like the police, say like shooting dogs and handcuffed "suspects". Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom