VA bill to shut down non state owned ranges.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Exactly what does this proposed law do for Public Safety?

Well the NRA is the lapdog of evil death merchants selling blood soaked weapons of war to criminals for killing murder death sprees of white supremacist mass war monger shooting violence because of big corporate gun war death profiteers. How can doing something mean to them NOT be better for public safety, unicorn kittens, student debt, and increase fiber in your meat-free diet?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

i don't think ANY of the multitudes of submitted bills do ANYTHING for public safety. they're just an all-out siege against law-abiding gun-owning citizens.

no one is trying to ban or even limit cell phones or alcohol or even cars in response to drunk and distracted driving deaths, so clearly it ain't about public safety.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    There's another bill out in VA that bans outdoor ranges in areas zoned residential.

This has gotten ugly. It's turning into an all-out ideological war on the tax peasants, with firearm owners as the whipping boy.

The rally scheduled for 20 January has me worried...I strongly suspect the Left will bring in thugs and start a major fight. I'd strongly recommend buying and wearing a body cam as well as a normal video cam, and keeping them running at all times. We'll need the evidence in court.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    As much as anything...this is a time tested tactic by the Left where they ask for everything and hope our side "compromises" and gives them only half of their "reasonable" proposals. When that happens they take half our rights then come back for the rest in the next legislative session...and on and on.

Stop them at the water's edge.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Well the NRA is the lapdog of evil death merchants selling blood soaked weapons of war to criminals for killing murder death sprees of white supremacist mass war monger shooting violence because of big corporate gun war death profiteers. How can doing something mean to them NOT be better for public safety, unicorn kittens, student debt, and increase fiber in your meat-free diet?

I'm gonna steal that.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    There's another bill out in VA that bans outdoor ranges in areas zoned residential.

This has gotten ugly. It's turning into an all-out ideological war on the tax peasants, with firearm owners as the whipping boy.

The rally scheduled for 20 January has me worried...I strongly suspect the Left will bring in thugs and start a major fight. I'd strongly recommend buying and wearing a body cam as well as a normal video cam, and keeping them running at all times. We'll need the evidence in court.

any link etc. for the out door range stuff

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Take a look at my signature line, specifically the quote by Deep Lurker.

I'd probably modify it for this occasion to No criminals will be inconvenienced by the passage of these gun control bills.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If designed to target the NRA range in Fairfax, it demonstrates that the antigunners that profess to support the Second Amendment are also against the training function of the NRA that promotes safe use of firearms, not just NRA lobbying and advertising to protect the Second Amendment.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I just noticed this goody in the list of Virginia bills. I haven't heard it mentioned, but it looks like they are also going after suppressor possession.

§ 18.2-308.10. Import, sale, possession, etc., of silencers; penalty.

A. For purposes of this section, "silencer" means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a firearm, including any part or combination of parts designed or intended for use in assembling or fabricating such a device.

B. It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport a silencer. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony.

C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) any government officer, agent, or employee, or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, to the extent that such person is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess a silencer and does so while acting within the scope of his duties; (ii) the manufacture of a silencer by a firearms manufacturer for the purpose of sale to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees, provided that the manufacturer is properly licensed under federal, state, and local laws; or (iii) the sale or transfer of a silencer to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I wonder how many of these bills will be able to pass scrutiny after the Supreme Court rules on the New York case next year?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I just noticed this goody in the list of Virginia bills. I haven't heard it mentioned, but it looks like they are also going after suppressor possession.

§ 18.2-308.10. Import, sale, possession, etc., of silencers; penalty.

A. For purposes of this section, "silencer" means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a firearm, including any part or combination of parts designed or intended for use in assembling or fabricating such a device.

B. It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport a silencer. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony.

C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) any government officer, agent, or employee, or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, to the extent that such person is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess a silencer and does so while acting within the scope of his duties; (ii) the manufacture of a silencer by a firearms manufacturer for the purpose of sale to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees, provided that the manufacturer is properly licensed under federal, state, and local laws; or (iii) the sale or transfer of a silencer to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees.

Yep. Have to cough it up by 1/2021 if I recall correctly.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I see that this is for those in the WWNC crowd. The state ran ranges will report anyone who brings in a banned rifle , covering their bases for those who will say screw that I will shoot in my backyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom