• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Ronald Reagan was all about gun control.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    In terms of gun control and gun rights, I'll never understand why Regan is held in such high regard by 2A supporters.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Yep you made your point....

And FDR was president when he signed the NFA of 1934 and LBJ was president when he signed the GCA of 1968 both democrats..
    I see what you did there.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    In terms of gun control and gun rights, I'll never understand why Regan is held in such high regard by 2A supporters.

Yup.
    When someone calls him a Conservative, they need to put an asterisk by it that says "except the 2A"

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Who's the last Republican president who ever did a damn thing for us? Sure wasn't either of the Bush boys.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Who's the last Republican president who ever did a damn thing for us? Sure wasn't either of the Bush boys.

The AWB was allowed to expire in 2004. That's passive support, but support nonetheless.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Eisenhower: The U.S. Interstate Highway System.

It was designed, primarily, to move the U.S. Military across the country quickly if need be.

Bush: The Patriot Act.

Oh wait.

Never mind.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Not to mention amnesty. One of the worst decisions by a president in U.S. history. :sad20:

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Guess I'll be the odd man out ...

The context in Reagan's OP video response was fully automatic AKs "machine guns" for home defense. The "assault weapon" terminology and attacks on ARs weren't mainstream until Sarah Brady and company started rolling during the Clinton administration. Reagan was no longer President in 1989 when the OP video was made. He was suffering from dementia and would be dead from Alzheimer's 5 years later. He was literally out of his mind when he supported the Brady Bill (93/94), very near the time of his diagnosis.

Show me the Reagan presidency era anti-gun legislation. The only major gun legislation passed during his presidency was the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. It was far from perfect and I won't defend it, but it did amend the Gun Control Act of 1968 by repealing parts of the original act that were deemed by studies to be unconstitutional

“the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.” -Ronald Reagan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom