• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I am moving up to myersville soon and I found out about the NARGC. Is anyone here a member up there? Any reports of how the facilities are? It sounds like they have a lot of nice things going on.

Any info appreciated.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    My father-in-law is a member and regularly takes my 2 brothers-in-law (I've never been invited! lol). Anyways, I HEAR really nice facilities but rifle only to 100yds. Apparently the on-tap beer is a big hit with my family. Also, IWLA is just off Rt. 40 and just west of Hagerstown. From Middletown it is probably just as close (and cheaper I believe) than NARG by the time you drive thru H-town to get to NARG.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I quit NARGC after they ripped me off with their in-house, prepaid, use-it-or-loose-it credit card scam. Said they "didn't know how to account for the balances" on the cards at year's end - so they just kept all the money! And, then there were the additional $100 assessment charges year after year.

IWLA has a nice facility and is way less expensive. You can drink beer someplace else.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    If I am looking for shooting as the main reason of joining which one would you recommend given distance and cost (coming from middletown)

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    My main interest is also shooting and I prefer the IWLA Wash. Co.
    Annual cost is $80 at IWLA, $165 at NARGC.
    Driving distance: NARGC is probably 10 minutes closer to Middletown.
    Range facility differences: NARGC has skeet & trap, IWLA has trap and sporting clays - no skeet.
    NARGC rifle range is up to 100yds, IWLA is up to 200yds.
    IWLA also allows indoor .22 and archery.

North American is a rip-off. I was a member there for one year and went to Izaak Walton in Clear Spring. If you want a bar/bingo type atomosphere, NA will do. IWLA has no bar, a hell of a lot cheaper and I've never seen it crowded.........plus better ranges. I've been with IWLA for six years now.

Teflon

Aug 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I will say that I've been a member of the IWLA for a few years now and would recommend it. I looked into the NARGC a few months ago after I saw them at the Hag gun show, I think they were offering a discounted rate of $120/yr, although I think that was for the first year only. They have a YouTube video walkthrough on their website that I checked out, but decided from the increased fees and not as nice facilities (I shoot mostly rifle/pistol not trap) I'd stay with IWLA, even though it's close to a 1/2 hr drive and the NARGC is like 5 min.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm a member of NARGC, and my wife is as well. We joined because its the closest to where we live, roughly 10 minutes, and we can shoot anything but 50bmg, or full auto. I guess it depends on what your looking for, we like some of the other things the club offers as well. Guests can get in for $5, and shoot all day if you have the ammo. lol

chestnutlouie

Mar 5, 2017
    mid Maryland
    North American Rod and Gun Club

My wife and I have been members for a little over a year now and we like it. Very friendly and the ranges are rarely crowded. I have shot at the Damascus IWLA Cowboy Action range and I like it but be aware that IWLA has work requirements as part of your dues. Nothing wrong with that but it is part of the deal.

Thanks
    Francis

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Both me and my honey have been members for some years now and love it. I was out there today in fact and will be heading back tomorrow. No, it's not cheap but it's nice. I catch just a little attitude from fome of the Fudd's now and then when I show up with some of my more modern military rifles (the M249 seems to drive some of them a little bonkers for some reason) but the large majority of folks are very nice. I go to the monthly meetings now and then and hit the cafe for a beer and lunch sometimes too but not very often. I'm a member at IWL too but almost always end up at North American. I definitely recommend the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom