Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle

Old March 30th, 2017, 10:49 PM   #41
Villiage Idiot
I think the Army Navy Game might be a bit fun for y'all. Benning in July, whew! Sand Hill gets pretty hot but he will be proud of himself when he graduates! I can't imagine how proud you and your wife must be. Did they explain the new retirement system? Did it change yet or is it still a run to 20 and done?

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
-James Madison
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:20 PM   #42
NRA Endowment Member
As a Marine who's since been adopted into the Army family through my work and friends, congratulations on instilling that patriotic spirit in him and being there for what will be remembered as a pivotal moment in his life.
Elgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 01:36 AM   #43
Best of Luck to you and your Army son.
sandeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 02:34 AM   #44
Originally Posted by engineerbrian View Post

Out of curiosity, how does a recruiter string someone for so long? It seems like it would be a pretty standard process.
First of all Congrats to the new enlistee.
Recruiters are nothing more than salesmen. Ever see a salesman bullshit anyone?

When I was about 22 years old, my car had blown up and I was hitch hiking a lot. I was always glad to see the local Marine recruiter van coming down I83 on my way to work. Guaranteed ride. I'd been in and out the the Army by then.
rico903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 02:56 AM   #45
240 towles
master of puppets
11xray, he get an SF contract? At least the boom boom room is closed now, but tell him to stay away from Ranger joes and most of victory drive. I hear it's a whole nother world on sand hill now, good and bad. No more puptents with no bottom in a godam monsoon, no more cattle trucks or foxholes, but on the other hand they are working alot harder to train soldiers for MODERN fighting, because you will not be setting up a shelter half in this century.

No idea what they have set up now, but prepare him with everything, phone card, 2 books of stamps, stationary kit with extra pens, petty cash, waterproof sports watch, some detergent tablets, and quality hygiene gear (LOTS OF RAZORS). Be sure to find out what kind of paper based games (sudoku, crossword, etc) he likes so you can mail him a couple (loose) with letters. They will take the rest for most of his time there. Bug spray in a shampoo bottle would be Fing magical, just saying. Tell him to keep his head down and remember that 30th AG is the calm before the storm. Remind him to make the most of every minute, because he won't be forgetting it, so he might as well enjoy it.

when the going get tough, the tough go cyclic
240 towles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 06:54 AM   #46
Certified Mad Scientist
Originally Posted by crazybird View Post
...The question now, What do I call myself? Army Mom? Navy Mom? Army/Navy Mom? Navy/Army Mom!!! Oh! And who do we root for during the ARMY/NAVY game?!
I'd go with AMERICAN Mom!! And just so as not to show favoritism, you now have to cheer for the Air Force Academy Congrats to you both!
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:19 AM   #47
Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!

<3 TRUMP <3

Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:44 AM   #48
Congratulations to you Chad and Crazybird for doing such a good job of raising some great kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DivingDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 07:57 AM   #49
Congratulations, Chad!! I bet you're a very proud papa!! I will keep him and your daughter in my thoughts!

SOTAR Alumna
montigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2017, 08:00 AM   #50
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Congratulations to him and wish him the very best.
You can do a lot of things with a military career these days.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

National Rifle Association
Second Amendment Foundation
Maryland Shall Issue
Maryland Designated Collector
moojersey is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle