• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I responded in the other thread too. Copied below.

I'd be all over it! A friend of mine has one similar from Dicks and loves it.

You dont need to spend big money on a X bow. I picked mine up a few years back and was out the door with the bow, red dot, quiver and 3 bolts for $500. Its harvested ~ 30-40 deer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Barnetts are exceptional x-bows. Looks like a good entry level bow.:shrug:

I do dread the day I have to switch to using a x-bow. For now, I'll keep my Mathews compound.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Couldn't get the bow in the link.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41681536 maybe this will work? its a barnett game crusher for 249
    Be a man and get a bow. Ih8demlibz will be along to shortly tell which one to buy.
    i have a martin cheetah haha. i took a deer this year with it from the ground. i just bought a climber but am still learning and not quite confident for hunting from it yet. being stuck to the ground id like to get a crossbow, not to mention the range improvement

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41681536 maybe this will work? its a barnett game crusher for 249

i have a martin cheetah haha. i took a deer this year with it from the ground. i just bought a climber but am still learning and not quite confident for hunting from it yet. being stuck to the ground id like to get a crossbow, not to mention the range improvement

You're making the right choice.

A crossbow in a stand sucks.

They are way too cumbersome.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I have a Parker crossbow I got for $299.00 last season. It has a scope with reticles in it. I shot a small doe from about twenty yards and the bolt went right through it. :thumbsup:

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Mine is a single with enough room for about 3/4ths of my fat ass.

I love my ground blind.

I should look into a double wide.

Got to dicks and get there 3 person blind. I have gotten two of them and there was plenty of room for me and my wife to hunt from. She shot her first deer out of one of those blinds, with a bow too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    1. I kill a lot of deer with a crossbow. I dont have any problem recocking my crossbow in the stand, with only a rope.

2. I have a Barnett, and I love it, but I'd be cautious about the cheaper Barnett packages. Not sure about this particular model, but I have seen a lot of Recruits and others come back with broken strings. Call an archery shop, or Bass Pro, ask them if they see these coming back.

My daughter has a Parker, it is also nice.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    well i just got back from picking the bow up from Dicks. they were out of the cocking ropes unfortunately. gonna grab one tomorrow probably, can't wait to try it out.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Haven't shot this model but it looks like they used the stock from the Jackal and put upgraded limbs on it. Gamecrusher is faster and has significantly narrower axle to axle width.

I have a Jackal and my only issue with it is the riser/sight mount which looks like the same one on the model you're looking at. The riser isn't as rigid as it could be and it's easy to knock the scope out of alignment if you accidentally bump the it on something (happened to me twice).

All things considered, the Gamecrusher looks like a pretty good deal at that price point...pretty hard to beat 330 fps for $249!

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Get a recurve. Get an Excaliber. I used to have one. Never went hunting with it. Just got it because I thought it was cool. Sold it a year ago to get my kid a ps4, and I really never used it except to shoot it at my moms house.

Its kinds of wide, and was bulky, but it was nice, and if needed you could change your own string, not that you would need to. Get something nice the first time, and you wont be looking at other brands later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom