• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Last I heard on the radio there was a $10,000 reward. $5,000 from NSSF. Forget where the other $5,000 was from.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    I hope they catch these $hitbags and it doesn't hurt the Hanover folks and their business. They are good people to deal with.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    The good folks at Hanover Armory don't need this, and I feel for them.

Also, I'd like to share that, if anyone comes across an individual peddling a gray-cerakoted Fulton AR with Magpul furniture and a PDQ ambi bolt catch, I would GREATLY appreciate your alerting the constabulary. (These two sentiments are not unrelated...)

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie

Also, I'd like to share that, if anyone comes across an individual peddling a gray-cerakoted Fulton AR with Magpul furniture and a PDQ ambi bolt catch, I would GREATLY appreciate your alerting the constabulary. (These two sentiments are not unrelated...)

Sorry about your rifle. :sad20:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Well that kind of brings it home. Ouch.

If you don't mind, please keep us informed if the rifle is recovered or what happens to make you whole. Assuming they have insurance for this type of situation.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Well that kind of brings it home. Ouch.

If you don't mind, please keep us informed if the rifle is recovered or what happens to make you whole. Assuming they have insurance for this type of situation.

I will endeavor to do so. I don't have a lot of detail I can share this early on, but I can say that Julean and everyone at Hanover have been supportive and terrific to deal with. They're at the top of my list (joining Chad and some IP LGS folks) of "people whose businesses I want to take off in 2018."

atomix8

Nov 3, 2015
    Davidsonville
    Terrible to hear about, but on the bright side this reminded me that they exist. I meant to check them out when they opened and it's slipped the mind. Given that I work nearby, my money is practically already spent...

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Terrible to hear. I’ve only been there twice, but I will be back. They did an NFA engraving for me and I bought a barrel from them. I have a 12.5 upper planned in the near future. I’m definitely going to these guys.

Jan 25, 2017
    No, Special Agent, the firearms do NOT threaten the safety of our communities - the bastard thieves and those who buy these stolen firearms do so.

Is it no wonder we can't have nice things when the people who are in charge don't even have the correct attitude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, many people have taken this view where somehow the initial act is considered acceptable or less severe and secondary actions that follow from the primary action are worse. It's a flawed mindset.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    My question is why are all these guns not locked up in a safe? I lock all my guns in my safe even though I have an Alarms system, Surveillance Cameras and gun lock them. Why would any FFL just leave all these in the open with a cheap door blocking them? Did the door even have steel bars or anything looks like it didn’t. I think this is just negligence an FFL should know better IMO. Granted a thief is a thief but why make it this simple if this would have been a team of 4 they would have cleared out the store. On Target as someone mentioned as well as a few other gun shops I know of not even in this state all lock up their guns every night. The few that I know that don’t have guards or a person on site 24/7 for security.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My question is why are all these guns not locked up in a safe? I lock all my guns in my safe even though I have an Alarms system, Surveillance Cameras and gun lock them. Why would any FFL just leave all these in the open with a cheap door blocking them? Did the door even have steel bars or anything looks like it didn’t. I think this is just negligence an FFL should know better IMO. Granted a thief is a thief but why make it this simple if this would have been a team of 4 they would have cleared out the store. On Target as someone mentioned as well as a few other gun shops I know of not even in this state all lock up their guns every night. The few that I know that don’t have guards or a person on site 24/7 for security.

I will go with "pain in the ass" for $1,000 Alex.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I wonder how much of a pain it is to file an insurance claims and ATF notifications are. For a shop that size it would take maybe 20min to stuff them all in a cannon or liberty safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom