• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Picked this up yesterday at the Dulles Expo Show. Big thanks to KH195 for giving me the heads up on it.

Been looking for a decent example of one of these for a good price for a while. The seller knocked the price down from $559 to $450 OTD which was nice. I didn't even have to ask.

French Mle.1935-A pistol made under German control. This one is from the "B" serial number block.

Seems to be in pretty good shape. The enamel finish is a little rough near the muzzle on one side but its still intact. Should make for a nice shooter. Perfect timing since Starline finally decided to start making the brass for it.

Attachments

• IMG_3576.jpg
      IMG_3576.jpg
      147.8 KB · Views: 417
    • IMG_3577.jpg
      IMG_3577.jpg
      149.7 KB · Views: 441
    • IMG_3580.jpg
      IMG_3580.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 408

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If brass and dies are available, those French pistols should go up in value significantly.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thief! It was a VG buy @ $550, outright theft @ $450. You owe KH195 a free meal for sure, that was a generous tip! But credit to you for being smart enough to recognize a good deal on a rapidly appreciating example.
    Me, I'm still looking for just the right 1935-S. Always seem to be late to the show, finding the right example after it sells to somebody else. Starting to get frustrated.
    What's harder to find than the pistol is an original French issue 1935 holster. The devil to find, I've only seen them come up for sale occasionally. Not sure if the Germans used anything else for issue with these, if they did I've never seen it. Mine came bundled with the pistol.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thief! It was a VG buy @ $550, outright theft @ $450. You owe KH195 a free meal for sure, that was a generous tip! But credit to you for being smart enough to recognize a good deal on a rapidly appreciating example.
    Me, I'm still looking for just the right 1935-S. Always seem to be late to the show, finding the right example after it sells to somebody else. Starting to get frustrated.
    What's harder to find than the pistol is an original French issue 1935 holster. The devil to find, I've only seen them come up for sale occasionally. Not sure if the Germans used anything else for issue with these, if they did I've never seen it. Mine came bundled with the pistol.

Would a Mle.1892 holster work? I’ve got a shoulder holster and the regular belt holster for an Mle.1892. I’ll have to see if it fits.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    So glad it worked out Dan!! That’s great that he knocked it down too, really a very nice deal. Just my luck that the one time I go just to browse without any intent of buying there were several really nice pieces at great prices. Had to scoop up the nice German contract Astra 400 w/ammo for $425 though, just couldn’t let that one go! Had I had more spending dough I would have grabbed that 1935A as well but I’m just as happy you ended up with it!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    So glad it worked out Dan!! That’s great that he knocked it down too, really a very nice deal. Just my luck that the one time I go just to browse without any intent of buying there were several really nice pieces at great prices. Had to scoop up the nice German contract Astra 400 w/ammo for $425 though, just couldn’t let that one go! Had I had more spending dough I would have grabbed that 1935A as well but I’m just as happy you ended up with it!

Another thief! :D I watched a German contract M400 rig at auction over the weekend and it was a total bloodbath, two people wanted this one REAL bad. Condition was OK, nothing to write home about. Don't remember looking hard at the holster so I have to assume it was correct and in at least fair condition. When the dust settled the "winner" had shelled out nearly $2K with the vig. Yikes! Watched a lot of money being spent last Saturday with very few bargains. Good to see some of us are still rooting them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom