• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    A hammer drill makes the job easier. I put in 22 ground rods with one and I only had an issue with the very first one I put in. Half way down I hit a rock but eventually got through it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Well I just passed the General test. Now formally known as ToolAA - AG.

Timing is great because the roofing guys are going to put up my Dual Band Diamond A200 next week.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks All. K31 suggested going for general just after getting tech. I waited 5 months but he is right. Probably 1/2 of the General test is the same as the tech exam.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Well I just passed the General test. Now formally known as ToolAA - AG....
    Excellent, and congratulations there Tango Oscar Oscar Lima Alfa Alfa/AG!!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat. We were a little off balance because the weather enhanced rush hour traffic held up some key personnel and we got a late start.

Coming back in November for your /AE? Lots of material overlap with the general exam...

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Good job ToolAA! One of these days I'll get mine.
    C'mon down!

Our next test session (at the National Electronics Museum) is November 26th - plenty of time to study for your Tech ticket.

The Anne Arundel Radio Club has exams at Davidsonville most Saturday mornings too, and it looks like their next one is November 9th, in case you're a quick study.

Those looking at licensing might peruse this thread over at the ArfCom ham forum:
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoor...learning_basic_VHF_UHF_operations/22-646491/?

Lots of very good tips and information there.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BAH

All you newbies that have a General without any code test are worse than 13ers

:D

BTW ADVANCED class here. The only one that proves you passed a code test. :D

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    C'mon down!

Our next test session (at the National Electronics Museum) is November 26th - plenty of time to study for your Tech ticket.

The Anne Arundel Radio Club has exams at Davidsonville most Saturday mornings too, and it looks like their next one is November 9th, in case you're a quick study.

Those looking at licensing might peruse this thread over at the ArfCom ham forum:
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoor...learning_basic_VHF_UHF_operations/22-646491/?

Lots of very good tips and information there.

I was ready a few weeks ago, but they closed testing before I got to the HOCO fairgrounds. :mad54:

I may take you up on it if there's nothing sooner.

BAH

All you newbies that have a General without any code test are worse than 13ers

:D

BTW ADVANCED class here. The only one that proves you passed a code test. :D

The code part stopped me from getting involved sooner. That was 47 years ago..... I'm a bad speller. If somebody would invent a code key with spell check, I would be golden. :D

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Was it Kurt Vonnegut who wrote the story of the aliens that communicated through farting and tap dancing?

Suddenly I'm reminded of that.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Excellent, and congratulations there Tango Oscar Oscar Lima Alfa Alfa/AG!!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat. We were a little off balance because the weather enhanced rush hour traffic held up some key personnel and we got a late start.

Coming back in November for your /AE? Lots of material overlap with the general exam...

No problem. You guys were busy. I didn’t realize how much work the VE’s put into the testing sessions.

I started studying for the AE last week and I took a practice test Monday night just how I would do. Scored about 55%. So I’m going to give it a try. If work isn’t too bad I might have enough time to study.

Thanks again for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom