• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    All: I've written a letter to the Sun calling out Del. Atterbeary for making a grievous legal error in her justification for HB 786, requiring impossible background checks for private long gun sales. Please send this letter to your representatives in opposition to the bill. It will get a vote tomorrow in the House and if it passes, it will go over the Senate. So hit both houses.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...-public-documents/156-letter-to-sun-re-hb-786

Thank You Mark:
    You are on point and great response.
    Sent to Frederick county and Carrol county delegates and Senators.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Transcribing in ink and mailing off certified mail tomorrow to those who “represent” me. Gonna make someone sign for them.

All: I've written a letter to the Sun calling out Del. Atterbeary for making a grievous legal error in her justification for HB 786, requiring impossible background checks for private long gun sales. Please send this letter to your representatives in opposition to the bill. It will get a vote tomorrow in the House and if it passes, it will go over the Senate. So hit both houses.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...-public-documents/156-letter-to-sun-re-hb-786

Thanks Mark ! That was a well written and pointed response.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Private interstate sales are already banned. Interstate transfers need to go through FFL. I feel sure Atterbeary (who is or at least was a practicing attorney) knows this, she is just is just allowing herself to be a useful idiot for the party apparachik.

Most attorneys do not know much, if anything, about firearms law. Why would they need to. You think a tax attorney, that solely deals with taxes and does not own a single firearm, is going to know anything about Maryland firearms law?

There are so many laws out there that I have no clue about. Granted, if I was going to open my mouth publicly, I would hope that I would do some research to educate myself on the matter.

I doubt Atterbeary has a clue what the actual gun laws are on the books. She is just anti-gun, and anything that sounds supportive of her anti-gun laws sounds good to her coming out of her mouth.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Atterbeary is works for Daddy when not shilling for the MOMs and Dumaisss.

I like to know why she left a law firm to work at Daddy’s “workforce development” company.

Based on her ill-informed statements on firearm laws, I’d say true legal work is not sometime she has the education or training to do, thus a cushy job with Dad.

Maybe we can find out how many MD State contracts her Daddy is awarded.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Atterbeary is works for Daddy when not shilling for the MOMs and Dumaisss.

I like to know why she left a law firm to work at Daddy’s “workforce development” company.

Based on her ill-informed statements on firearm laws, I’d say true legal work is not sometime she has the education or training to do, thus a cushy job with Dad.

Maybe we can find out how many MD State contracts her Daddy is awarded.

What is the name of daddy's company?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    KRA Services Profile

KRA Services appears to be a typical 8a SBU:
    In 1982, the year after KRA was founded, the U.S. Department of Labor passed the Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA), repealed after 16 years by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998. By coincidence, 16 years later, WIA was replaced by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), signed into law on July 22, 2014.

Operating under JTPA/WIA for 30+ years, KRA embraced the revitalization that WIOA brought to the nation’s workforce development system, and early on adapted our Standard and Center Operating Procedures, policies, and practices to comply with WIOA requirements...
    The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) funds the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, allowing states to administer their own workforce-assistance programs through local Departments of Human and Social Services...
    The U.S. Healthcare Industry faces the dual challenge of attracting and retaining replacements for retiring workers, while expand*ing its workforce to care for an aging population. Professionals in the Allied Health sector comprise 60% of the Healthcare workforce, representing as many as 100 different occupations. Also, of the 50+ fastest-growing professions, it is estimated that 42% will be in Allied Health–with a projected shortage of qualified workers to fill many positions.

KRA’s Allied Health training has a flexible service-delivery model in a stand-alone school setting, or integrated with a TANF or WIOA program, preparing participants for industry-recognized certificates and credentials required to succeed in particular in-demand occupations...
    KRA’s labor-market research and consulting practice is a solution for workforce programs to manage decision-making processes related to local and regional labor markets. Understanding how to invest limited resources requires an in-depth understanding of labor-market data and trends for making informed decisions about service-delivery systems. Connect with KRA to learn more about our data briefings, workshops, analytical reports, and capacity-building to improve program operations.

It appears that their client base is almost exclusively Federal and state entities. This is typical of a small 8a. I've worked for similar firms that operated out of peoples' kitchens and dining rooms, and relied heavily on "networking" for sourcing contracts. Their experience that could bear closer scrutiny is below.

State of Maryland:
    Department of Education
    Youth Risk Behavior Survey
    Oversaw all aspects of the Maryland YRBS for survey ears 2005, 2007, and 2009. Designed the Survey Plan, administered the YRBS to a sample of high school students in 30 Maryland public high schools, and wrote survey-data summary reports.

YRBS and School Health Profiles Surveys
    Provided TA services to another contractor, on behalf of the MSDE, for both YRBS and School Health Profiles Survey administration and reporting activities

Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
    External Quality Review of Managed Care Organizations
    Assisting in the conduct of required external quality reviews, … was responsible for reviewing MCOs’ compliance with Quality Assurance, Utilization Management, and Health Education standards, and preparing a report of findings, reviewing corrective action plans, and assisting in developing and testing quality review protocols.

Design, Develop, and Produce Materials for MCO Enrollment Broker/Benefit Consultant Services Project
    Maryland implemented a mandatory managed care program (HealthChoice) to serve Medicaid recipients. … designed, developed in English and Spanish and disseminated over 300,000 enrollment packages to educate Medicaid recipients about managed care options and assist them in enrolling in MCOs.

MCO Enrollment Broker/Benefit Consultant Services
    For HealthChoice, a mandatory managed care program, designed; developed, in English and Spanish; and disseminated outreach materials and 300,000 enrollment packets to Medicaid recipients to educate and assist them with MCO enrollment.

Medicaid Managed Care Program – HealthChoice
    Supported HealthChoice community outreach and education initiatives, by presenting to–and implementing train-the-trainer programs for–organizations in contact with Medicaid or potential Medicaid recipients.

Public Mental Health System
    Provided technical support to the Public Mental Health System, which combines Medicaid fee-for-service with publicly funded mental-health services. Produced videos and developed consumer-education and information materials in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.

Health Care Commission
    Provided services to the HCC–to help ensure access to healthcare for all Maryland residents–which included audits of small group plans, mandated cost-benefit analyses, and examination of the social and financial implications of proposed benefit mandates.

NCQA-HEDIS Compliance Audits
    For the HCC, performed National Committee for Quality Assurance Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set Compliance audits of Maryland health insurance companies. Also, coordinated site visits and prepared interim and final audit reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom