• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    From Deep Lurker:

“ I just spoke to delegate Kurt Andersen out on the bricks, and he told me that HJC just pulled the long gun qualification license out of the long gun bill, They are leaving in the requirement for private sellers to run a background check through an FFL”

This, in just the last hour. Thread title is in quotes to establish that this news is hearsay, but comes from a legislator.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Our Patriot Picket “We Will Not Comply” Squad has taken seats in the Senate gallery. We have split the crew to take seats on both sides of the chamber

We are also moving to the House side to give them our WWNC presence

Attachments

• 708E5807-C101-40C5-90D4-F052AD5888AD.jpg
      708E5807-C101-40C5-90D4-F052AD5888AD.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 3,070
    • CA227294-FD7E-4E93-9C85-891A3AA0BD0A.jpg
      CA227294-FD7E-4E93-9C85-891A3AA0BD0A.jpg
      75.2 KB · Views: 3,080
    • A83C252D-3651-4E67-BC2B-D269F6F2416E.jpg
      A83C252D-3651-4E67-BC2B-D269F6F2416E.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 3,057

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That is welcome news. But they need to drop the waiting period and allow MSP to run the checks for private sellers. None of it should happen, but if I can at least go to a barracks and pay $10 and an hour of my time, fine.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That's good news! They still have no idea how to do this. They've already been told that FFL's can't run a NICS check for a private sale, apparently they don't listen too well. If MSP does it, it will be a total Cluster Foxtrot.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    That is welcome news. But they need to drop the waiting period and allow MSP to run the checks for private sellers. None of it should happen, but if I can at least go to a barracks and pay $10 and an hour of my time, fine.

If MSP was involved it would take 7 days plus $10.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    That's good news! They still have no idea how to do this. They've already been told that FFL's can't run a NICS check for a private sale, apparently they don't listen too well. If MSP does it, it will be a total Cluster Foxtrot.

I was thinking the same after the testimony presented in the SJPC.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

MSP cannot use NICS for private sales. Federal law prohibits that. If it goes through MSP it will go on a 77r.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    That's assuming that they're staffed well enough to handle all of the extra checks.
    I would doubt that they are.

They could always add a complete background check to the HQL process and forego 7 day waiting period.

Never understood 7 day waiting period after initial gun purchase. I’m heated and about to kill a person but it would be in bad taste to use an existing gun.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    They could always add a complete background check to the HQL process and forego 7 day waiting period.

Never understood 7 day waiting period after initial gun purchase. I’m heated and about to kill a person but it would be in bad taste to use an existing gun.

It's MD, not logic needed.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Problem with that is that MSP states they need part of that time to check multiple databases and it's more thorough than a standard NICS check. No way they make us wait less than 7 days. This is The People's Republic after all.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

C'mon, in the heat of the moment, you don't want to take out one of your collectible safe-queens. You need something that packs a punch, but you won't mind tossing in the bushes as you make your meticulously planned escape ...

... you know, like a Hi-Point or Jimenez (nee Jennings.) Hey, it's not like *your* life depends on it, right?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

You need to remind yourself of the true reason behind all of these laws:

To make owning a gun in Maryland as difficult as possible. If they can discourage new shooters they will eventually win.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Problem with that is that MSP states they need part of that time to check multiple databases and it's more thorough than a standard NICS check. No way they make us wait less than 7 days. This is The People's Republic after all.

I wonder how often those databases are updated? There’s been times where I’ve made multiple handgun purchases in one month, I can’t imagine the database information would be any different within the month. Even if it was every 6 months or something I might see some logic in it.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    You need to remind yourself of the true reason behind all of these laws:

To make owning a gun in Maryland as difficult as possible. If they can discourage new shooters they will eventually win.

This^^^^^^^

I dont have hql so it worked for me. Fortunately I have plenty of pistols pre hql, but what about younger people coming up now? If they feel the same as I do its rifles, carbines or 80%'s for them. Or they can build an ar pistol from a lower with no hql but that's not really a pistol IMO.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The Senate committee version of this bill is still unseen. It may be better or worse than, or identical to, the House committee bill as amended. The process is a long way from over. My personal guess is the Senate version may be better for us, and then we'll need to see what comes out of reconciliation as the final bill which will be a fait accompli law..

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Meanwhile Baltimore City had 300 murders last year and they've done nothing regarding that. More important they get their little emotional thrill at feeling like they screwed with the conservatives. And the hobby mommies can go back to their book clubs and boast about how they bravely ate lunch an hour late one day in order to help pass laws that mean nothing. Disgusting people all.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    "If it pleases the crown, I of humble status and birth, petition your majesty grant me permission to aquire a long gun. I plight thee my troth that it shall never be used to bring harm to any who have given fealty to your divinely instituted position as ruler and king."

An early release of form 1776b, "Seeking attorney general approval for possession of a firearm"

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Meanwhile Baltimore City had 300 murders last year and they've done nothing regarding that. More important they get their little emotional thrill at feeling like they screwed with the conservatives. And the hobby mommies can go back to their book clubs and boast about how they bravely ate lunch an hour late one day in order to help pass laws that mean nothing. Disgusting people all.

I think that's right: these laws are the legislative equivalent of trolling conservatives, that's about it.

The Baltimore City police page is full of "felon in possession" stories. Its silly and shameful to vote for a law that does nothing, literally nothing more than annoy the other side. Then again the mentality of some of the Democrat operatives is to dox people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom