• Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    gerrymandering, also known as 'redistricting', is taking a toll:

this from ballotpedia.org:

Impact of redistricting

Between 2000 and 2010 Maryland's population grew by 9 percent, just below the national average. Baltimore saw its power decrease as it shrank by some 30,000 residents. For legislative redistricting, the Governor is responsible for drafting plans and submitting the new maps to the General Assembly. The Governor appoints an advisory commission to assist in this task. Under the state Constitution, each district is required to have one Senator and three Delegates.

The Governor’s Redistricting Advisory Committee released a proposed map of new legislative districts on December 16, 2011, increasing the number of majority black districts from 10 to 12. Democrats voiced support for the plan, while Republicans criticized it for being divisive and highly partisan. The Fannie Lou Hamer Political Action Committee, a black activist group, threatened to sue the state if the map was approved by the legislature, arguing that the plan violated the federal Voting Rights Act by purposely reducing black influence and violated state laws by splitting more boundaries and counties than was necessary.

In the end the legislature decided on inaction, letting the governor's plan become law on February 24, 2012 without taking a vote. A number of alternative maps were proposed in the House, but none of them received committee hearings.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Only if we cooperate. In unity there is strength.

My feeling is that no single plan or activity is going to get this state out of the mess it's in. And it may take a full generation or more to fix it completely.

You raise an important point.

This session is showing that multi-form and steady tactics CAN make a difference. No, we aren't "there" yet... but it's never been a rapid outlook.

We are, however, closer... and the opposition knows it.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    I think this is a great idea. DINOs can win small battles and eventually the war. As of last week, I'm now a DINO. I plan to vote for Donna Edwards in the Senate primary in April. If it helps keep Chris Van Hollen out of politics, then I don't see any harm in it. It's currently a close race, but I think she can pull it off. I'd love to see his face the night of the primary, as the gun control golden boy realizes he is political toast.

Even if we replace one gun controller for another, I still see it as a major victory. Being able to influence Jaime Ratskin, The Potomac Penguin, Bobby Jerkin', and Jim Brochin with the threat of losing their job simply by rallying around whoever runs against them in the primary....even if the person doesn't support the 2A, the political calculus makes it less likely the incumbents will take anti-rights positions. Think about it for a moment, it is a beautiful strategy in more ways than one.

Great work, Minuteman.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I think this is a great idea. DINOs can win small battles and eventually the war. As of last week, I'm now a DINO. I plan to vote for Donna Edwards in the Senate primary in April. If it helps keep Chris Van Hollen out of politics, then I don't see any harm in it. It's currently a close race, but I think she can pull it off. I'd love to see his face the night of the primary, as the gun control golden boy realizes he is political toast.

Even if we replace one gun controller for another, I still see it as a major victory. Being able to influence Jaime Ratskin, The Potomac Penguin, Bobby Jerkin', and Jim Brochin with the threat of losing their job simply by rallying around whoever runs against them in the primary....even if the person doesn't support the 2A, the political calculus makes it less likely the incumbents will take anti-rights positions. Think about it for a moment, it is a beautiful strategy in more ways than one.

Great work, Minuteman.

Good on you brother. I appreciate the analysis too. It's possible to make an impact in the 2016 Primary, but the 2018 Primary election will be the game changer.

Please feel free to post districts where you think being a DINO will be most advantageous.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Great work, Minuteman.

I agree, Edwards is the lesser of 2 evils and will be less effective in congress.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The deed is done.

Today I received my Absentee Ballot... and, coincidentally a mailer from Van Hollowhead .

It was in a hand-addressed envelope, which raises the question of whether his mailing list is that small, or does ha have more volunteers than sense??

I also selected uncommitted delegates wherever possible (male and female quotas? WTH?), and Sanders to fill out the rest, trying to get as many unpronounceable names as possible ;)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    DINO doesn't make sense for me. Living in Cecil, as of last election we are sending only pro-2A to Annapolis.

I agree. The only way it still might is if you don't care about the Republican Primary election (you are ok with either of the candidates getting elected), then being a DINO would still get you the other benefits - like influencing the Congressional seats, and Attorney General elections.

Either way, thanks for sincerely considering it, and helping to explain how it works. It is a tough concept to understand at first, and seems counter-intuitive at first.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Very True. AG is a big one in 2018. Can't let Frosh be re-elected. Although some believe he is looking to challenge Hogan for Gov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    For the first time in years of voting in Maryland, I think my vote can make a difference.

Like the saying goes, " Together we stand, divided we fall".

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    More good news on the DINO front, while visiting with an Industry Partner at his gunshop the other day; he strongly supports the DINO movement and asked if we made a sign, or even just a digital sign, he would have it made and displayed in his shop.

Anyone willing/able to pull the trigger on his suggestion?

If it's successful, we could ask others to display the sign. We seriously need a few thousand DINOs per critical district to flip the script and seriously change Maryland for the better.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    More good news on the DINO front, while visiting with an Industry Partner at his gunshop the other day; he strongly supports the DINO movement and asked if we made a sign, or even just a digital sign, he would have it made and displayed in his shop.

Anyone willing/able to pull the trigger on his suggestion?

If it's successful, we could ask others to display the sign. We seriously need a few thousand DINOs per critical district to flip the script and seriously change Maryland for the better.

Here is my rookie attempt to provide a starting point addressing the suggestion for a gun shop handout. Maybe the "sign" could be the photo? The take-home sheets could be handed out for the person not acquainted with MDS. The photo included was pirated without permission, but it spoke to me. Is formal permission needed to use it? Click on the PDF file link, the included photo is what is being displayed below. Removed the file with the photos. I'll work up something with a different image for this.

Let's see how this looks... View attachment Fellon Democrats set out to ruin Maryland.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom