• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omalon

Aug 9, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I purchased a Crosman 1377c for $49.00 to practice trigger control in the basement. Had so much fun I upgraded to an IZH-46M and WOW, it's blast to shoot.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    CP-88 Umarex/Walther

Unfortunately, almost anything with a real steel trademark name is not going to be high quality. Walther is one exception, and the CP-88 is a wonderful pellet gun. But the S&W, Beretta, and the like are more for mass appeal than quality.

I've found the trigger weight on the CP-88 much,much too heavy for serious "Competition" shooting. While it shoots well and is accurate, the trigger just leaves a whole lot to be desired.....

R

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    CP-88 Heavy Trigger

I personally own over 35 air and airsoft pistols alone. I sell training weapons and tactical gear to law enforcement and National Guard units across the country. I am a reseller for many brands, including Palco Sports, which is the Umarex distributor in the USA, and the licensee for most of the "real steel" branded air and airsoft guns. I put them through their paces, so that I can confidently recommend them to departments or others who would use them for training. So my opinion is based on fact and hands-on experience, not conjecture.

My favorite "plinking" air pistol, and so far the most durable is my Walther CP88, which is a dream to shoot.

I have a cp-88, and while accurate, I find the trigger weight unacceptable, but maybe there is nothing to be done in the area of "Trigger work" to lessen the weight. 3 or 4# would be great vice 7-9#...
    R

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I dont know how close your neighbors houses are,but when I lived in Hampstead,one of the town cops told me the 150 yrd law includes air guns.I didnt know if he was right or wrong....just said "Yes sir....I understand" and went inside. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom