• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 25, 2009

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Kershaw Leek with a CPM-D2 composite blade. I swapped and loctite'd the pocket clip to be carried tip-up, and removed the safety.

If I wasn't worried about Baltimore City's finest having no clue what the law actually is, I'd OC a KaBar.

May 25, 2009
    If I wasn't worried about Baltimore City's finest having no clue what the law actually is, I'd OC a KaBar.

It's strange. When I was in PA there was quite a lot of talk about knife laws and how ignorant law enforcement tends to be about them, but I never had an issue. I OC'd that hissatsu on my hip nearly every day for months. No one said a word. I even rode the bus once or twice like that, which was probably not wise. I was never, ever stopped. I carried the spike on a ball chain hanging off my belt a little bit for quite some time. Never once was I asked about it. I had even been stopped on my way to work several times(I started work at 4am, and left home at 2am to make the walk, so I looked sketchy at 3am)by the police, and no one said a THING.

Lately I've been considering OCing a large fixed blade knife. It's legal, and if it's a big knife, I don't have to worry about my shirt covering it :D I'll let you know how that goes. I run into A LOT of police where I live, so it's only a matter of time before they see it.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I carry a Spyderco Endura 4....3 3/4 inch VG-10 steel blade.

When I go to work, which is in DC, I carry a Benchmade Mini-griptillian.

If I decide I'm going to risk an assisted opener since the law is ambiguous, I will carry (in MD) the Sog Aegis with the Digi camo handle and the black tini coated blade.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Lessee.

-24/7 everywhere: Cold Steel Voyager Gunsite - 5" folder
    -Next to driver seat in car - Cold Steel 7" FB
    -In center console of car - S&W SWAT 3" folder
    -Nightstand - 8" FB (brand escapes me...something exotic though)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Most of the time up here I carry my M&P 9c 4:00 strong side in a desantis cozy partner IWB, a spare mag horizontally at 7:00 in a buck knife holster, my Kahr PM9 BUG in the weak side pocket, Galco pocket holster, and my Benchmade Vex in my right hand pocket.

S7300514.jpg

However, when visiting folks in MD, I still have the pocket knife, add a small can of fox labs spray, and my best pair of running shoes.:innocent0

bigpapa1080

They call me Horseface
    I carry this usually, but I need to sharpen it:
    http://www.benchmade.com/products/9100

So for now I'm carrying this:
    http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=8

I also have these:
    http://www.benchmade.com/products/175

http://www.benchmade.com/products/7

http://www.militarygerber.com/index.php/product/id/401

http://www.benchmade.com/products/10610

I never leave home without them. I have to double and triple check myself before I fly anywhere to make sure I took them off. Then I always feel naked the whole flight without them. Yeah, I kinda have a thing for Benchmade, especially with their Mil/LE special pricing they cant be beat.

May 25, 2009
    Yeah, I kinda have a thing for Benchmade, especially with their Mil/LE special pricing they cant be beat.

I've been wanting to pick up a few myself, preferably blue class models. The pricing is really all that's stopped me. NICE knives.

I carry a gun. Too many people with knives out there.

Sadly that's not an option for most of us. However, I know my way around a blade, and at close ranges(10 feet or less), against an unskilled shooter, my knives are equally effective. Most self defense situations fall into that category.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Sadly that's not an option for most of us. However, I know my way around a blade, and at close ranges(10 feet or less), against an unskilled shooter, my knives are equally effective. Most self defense situations fall into that category.

Oh great, if you pull a knife it is "now both of us die". In the majority of these situations (knive vs. knife/gun/club) I saw both opponents in the ER afterwards... and that made for some fun scenes when they met again.

If you carry a knife around with you as a tool, use whatever you feel fit. For me that is a swiss knife and outdoors a Brusletto blade (once I find some suitable wood for a new grip).
    If you want the knife for self-defense, make it sharp, cheap and DISPOSABLE! The term "lost, when running away scared" is much better in front of a jury than some state do-gooder waving a bloody custom blade in a bag, claimig that you attacked that "innocent young person".

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Oh great, if you pull a knife it is "now both of us die". In the majority of these situations (knive vs. knife/gun/club) I saw both opponents in the ER afterwards... and that made for some fun scenes when they met again.

If you carry a knife around with you as a tool, use whatever you feel fit. For me that is a swiss knife and outdoors a Brusletto blade (once I find some suitable wood for a new grip).
    If you want the knife for self-defense, make it sharp, cheap and DISPOSABLE! The term "lost, when running away scared" is much better in front of a jury than some state do-gooder waving a bloody custom blade in a bag, claimig that you attacked that "innocent young person".

What do you do for a living? In close encounters, knives are in FACT equally superior in the hands of someone competant. Inside 12' or so. If the gun wielding individual is distracted you CAN cover that distance and make a kill strike MUCH faster than he can react. That advantage is lessened if the gunman is moving BACKWARDS while drawing to create distance.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Sadly that's not an option for most of us. However, I know my way around a blade, and at close ranges(10 feet or less), against an unskilled shooter, my knives are equally effective. Most self defense situations fall into that category.[/QUOTE]

I was just being a smart ass. I don't have a CCW, so my gun stays in the house.

I'm not too skilled with, or too familiar with knives. Nor am I the best fighter, so I'd probably get my knife taken from me pretty quickly.

Is it too paranoid to be aware of your surroundings and look for what could be used as a weapon should the need arise? Case in point, I used to smoke, and a cigarette made a handy impromptu weapon.....no one likes to get burned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom