• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    MSP is trying to convince people to forgo their HPRB appeals by offering them a new permit at the start of the hearing. The new permit had slightly less vague language. I don't remember the exact language but it was something like: from residenc to business and while engaged in business activity.

You get to keep the new permit even if you tell them where they can stick and continue with the hearing. Everyone I saw decides to continue the hearing.

Does anyone know of all new permits will have this language or something similar? Can someone who recently received a permit let me know of their permit had the new language?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    MSP is trying to convince people to forgo their HPRB appeals by offering them a new permit at the start of the hearing. The new permit had slightly less vague language. I don't remember the exact language but it was something like: from residenc to business and while engaged in business activity.

You get to keep the new permit even if you tell them where they can stick and continue with the hearing. Everyone I saw decides to continue the hearing.

Does anyone know of all new permits will have this language or something similar? Can someone who recently received a permit let me know of their permit had the new language?
    Son in law just got his renewal. He owns a pharmacy.

"Valid between residence and work and while engaged in any on site or off site business activity for XYZ pharmacy"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    At least MSP recognizes that they have a problem with the current restrictions.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    No clarity nor any improvement really, but it is at least some movement on their part to address the problem.

I'm trying to look on the bright side, I guess. It's coming up on my renewal and I would rather not have to deal with this again.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    That is what my original permit stated (12 years ago). In the interview they asked where the pistols were stored. I told them they were mine and were stored at my home. I don't know if that was why that was on the restrictions but it was left off in later renewals and just said "while working as...."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The only movement I see is to show that they can do anything they wish without rhyme or reason. Surely no common sense involved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Exactly! Another resounding "arbitrary and capricious."

Maybe they sense a class action suit in their future. Or they don't want to spend all their workdays in front of an ALJ and they think this will do the trick for them. :shrug:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Were you the attorney whose client didn't show at the last HPRB meeting? The same attorney who apparently didn't realize that said client's permit had expired?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mabe the good Sgt at the hearings got tired of having the lic division overruled not to mention the Capt as well but then we are talking about MSP where they make up things as they go along to make people jump thru more hoops to get their permit...

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    My renewal provides while engaged in either of 2 business. Dinner with clients, shopping for office snacks at COSTCO, hunting for old firearms, going to the range, etc.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My renewal provides while engaged in either of 2 business. Dinner with clients, shopping for office snacks at COSTCO, hunting for old firearms, going to the range, etc.

You should go mobile like me ;)

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    A friend of mine has this on his permit.

"Valid only while conducting business as owner/landlord of all properties owned by (insert friend's name here). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law"

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    If you are coming up on renewal and pm me i will tell you what i did and i got my referral back with "none" in the restrictions column.

As a side note i will do this for members i can verify as "friendly" and not a troll.

My restrictions were lifted via the HPRB during my initial permit and i just renewed last quarter. New permit good until 2021

Nobody
    Nobody

bblicke1

Oct 22, 2018
    A friend of mine has this on his permit.

"Valid only while conducting business as owner/landlord of all properties owned by (insert friend's name here). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law"
    These restrictions really concern me. As a property manager, I can get a call any second of any day that requires I go address any type of issue in all sorts of neighborhoods.

How would I ever prove that I'm conducting business or how would I be able to explain that I'm ALWAYS on call if I'm picking up lunch or shopping for groceries or something...

Note- filling out my CCW now, am a business owner.l and have taken the course. Keeping my fingers crossed in hopes all goes well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom