• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The current Hendershot's really makes me miss the Original Hendershot's in Hancock .

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Reluctantly, I’ll add another suggestion.

The Gun Center in Frederick

If the “owner” is there, you might as well walk back out the door since he’s more likely to ridicule you than answer questions. They do, however, have a fair assortment of guns.

I wouldn't touch that place with a 10 foot pole after seeing their prices and how I was treated, when I was seeing what was available.

TGC has a long and horrid history on MDS of a lot of negative and only about 4 positive.

OP, the prices in there, last I checked were beyond outrageously high for what it was. The last time I was in there, they charged a guy $1800 for a NIB RRA LAR-8 midlength A4. That thing is MSRP at $1300, when this occurred.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    I have been out of gun buying for 20 years or so.
    Used to love browsing and buying used rifles - .22s, Minis, etc
    Getting back into shooting and small game hunting lately.
    It seems most gun shops are wall to wall "tacticool" rifles, with just a few basic guns in the corner.
    What shops still carry a lot of used plain old wood stocked rifles?

Slack

www.ContinentalArms.com
    9603 Deereco Rd
    Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
    info@continentalarms.com

Last edited:

aht2131

Aug 5, 2011
    If you're up in Hagerstown, stop into Hendershots. Lots of lovely wood-centric long guns. They're in a whole separate room from the tacticool and handgun area. They tend to skew towards the finer long guns, but if you're in the area, take a look, as they have some beauties.

Do they have a good selection of shotguns? The website suggests they are very rifle centric.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Do they have a good selection of shotguns? The website suggests they are very rifle centric.

Haven't really prowled their long guns for a while. There are always quite a few shotguns, but with so many huge variables in style, budget, etc., can't be sure it's going to make the trip for you. Call! They're very friendly.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Scotts Gunsmithing always has anywhere from a few to quite a few used guns including consignments. We are an IP on this forum (the 'we' reference because, in full disclosure, I work there). I bought used firearms including c&r guns long before I worked there.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Duffy’s has a large wall of “wood stocked” guns as well as older stuff they buy from estate sales to go with their wide range of “tacticool” stuff.

They normally have a few WW2 MGs which I like to breath against the glass at and drool at too!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Zeke at Delmarva Sporting Clays has quite the selection of non-tacticool rifles. Take a couple of firearms with you and make a day of shooting and shopping. Hit a couple of other eastern shore shops on the way there or back.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    It's been a few years, but when I lived in AA county Scotty was my "goto" for buying and selling, and he has cut many a barrel for me.

Scotts Gunsmithing always has anywhere from a few to quite a few used guns including consignments. We are an IP on this forum (the 'we' reference because, in full disclosure, I work there). I bought used firearms including c&r guns long before I worked there.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    If you're up in Hagerstown, stop into Hendershots. Lots of lovely wood-centric long guns. They're in a whole separate room from the tacticool and handgun area. They tend to skew towards the finer long guns, but if you're in the area, take a look, as they have some beauties.

If you’re willing to make the drive to Hensershots, for my money, I’d drive a little bit further and go see Tim Hafer.

Great selection of both used and new, friendly and knowledgeable staff and his bulldog is very friendly. The new store is easy to get to, parking is plentiful and I never feel over charged (can’t say the same for hendershots)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If you’re willing to make the drive to Hensershots, for my money, I’d drive a little bit further and go see Tim Hafer.

Great selection of both used and new, friendly and knowledgeable staff and his bulldog is very friendly. The new store is easy to get to, parking is plentiful and I never feel over charged (can’t say the same for hendershots)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this 100 percent, plus Tim is one of the most upstanding dealers and IPs I have ever dealt with. Great selection and NOT all tacticool. You won't regret the drive out.... Go on a nice day and enjoy being "closer" to freedom. Well at least geographically......

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Agree with this 100 percent, plus Tim is one of the most upstanding dealers and IPs I have ever dealt with. Great selection and NOT all tacticool. You won't regret the drive out.... Go on a nice day and enjoy being "closer" to freedom. Well at least geographically......

Forgot to mention - if you like BBQ, stop by smokin toad in downtown Williamsport. It makes a great trip even better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Hedershots, Hafer's and Gun Shack in Mt Airy are all regular stops for me looking for used guns, have found a lot of nice ones at all 3 shops and all can have a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom