• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I have a DI LWRC and love it. Having said that, my go to brands are Daniel Defense and BCM. They’ve been consistently reliable and accurate.

I'd go with those too. Don't count out Colt. There was a thread on this topic a few months back.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I have a DI LWRC and love it. Having said that, my go to brands are Daniel Defense and BCM. They’ve been consistently reliable and accurate.

I have 2 DDs, one from when they just started selling rifles and one a few months ago. I had to send the DD M4V1 back because it would shoot 2-3 rounds at a time. They fixed it and had it back quickly.

I had to send the last one back because it was all out of spec. They even forgot to laser engrave “DDM4 V7 Pro” on it, which I didn’t even notice. DD gave me a whole new rifle, supposedly checked over by their “Master Armorer”, but I don’t see how the original rifle left the factory with so many problems. Their customer service rep thought the rifle wasn’t new. Seems like they have grown too quickly. That said, their customer service rocks.

I’ve had to deal with BCM customer service twice (BCG and charging handle) and I’ll never deal with them again. They basically told me to go pound sand. I wanted to love BCM, having lived a few towns over from their HQ in Wisconsin for 4 years. YMMV.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have 2 DDs, one from when they just started selling rifles and one a few months ago. I had to send the DD M4V1 back because it would shoot 2-3 rounds at a time. They fixed it and had it back quickly.

I had to send the last one back because it was all out of spec. They even forgot to laser engrave “DDM4 V7 Pro” on it, which I didn’t even notice. DD gave me a whole new rifle, supposedly checked over by their “Master Armorer”, but I don’t see how the original rifle left the factory with so many problems. Their customer service rep thought the rifle wasn’t new. Seems like they have grown too quickly. That said, their customer service rocks.

I’ve had to deal with BCM customer service twice (BCG and charging handle) and I’ll never deal with them again. They basically told me to go pound sand. I wanted to love BCM, having lived a few towns over from their HQ in Wisconsin for 4 years. YMMV.

That definitely would leave a sour taste in my mouth. I have one DD and 3 BCMs. Never had a single issue with them. I even took my DD and one BCM to Chad’s class. Both checked out just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    zero issues with my lwrc m6a3 dmr over a bunch of 3 gun matches.

ditto with my JP CTR-02, you know if you buy anything JP it will be very reliable and very accurate.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I would like to try out an FN built AR. I like my Colt but it doesn't perform any better than my BCM upper or franken AR builds. Assembling your own lower allows you to select the parts you want, and gives you the ability to fix what will eventually wear or break. My Colt is the only complete AR rifle I have ever owned. Everything else began as a complete upper or stripped upper and lower. They just get tweaked until they run reliably. Barrels, triggers, sights/optics...everything else is just parts, IMO.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I would like to try out an FN built AR. I like my Colt but it doesn't perform any better than my BCM upper or franken AR builds. Assembling your own lower allows you to select the parts you want, and gives you the ability to fix what will eventually wear or break. My Colt is the only complete AR rifle I have ever owned. Everything else began as a complete upper or stripped upper and lower. They just get tweaked until they run reliably. Barrels, triggers, sights/optics...everything else is just parts, IMO.

They shouldn't have to be tweaked with parts to run reliably. If an AR doesn't run reliably out of the box, no amount of swapping of parts will resolve a major problem.

I thought you went to banned camp?

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    zero issues with my lwrc m6a3 dmr over a bunch of 3 gun matches.

ditto with my JP CTR-02, you know if you buy anything JP it will be very reliable and very accurate.

JP was first that came to mind for me

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Chad will help you build your AR. Plus, you get a ton of information. My only vendor purchase AR was my first just prior to 10/1/2013. That is my Primary Weapons Systems MK116 Mod1 long stroke piston AR. I love it. All the others- which I love, as well are parts purchased and built in SOTAR classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom