Any C&R New Years Resolutions out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I know for myself it is to get my FFL03 again. After 6 years of having one, I let it lapse early in 2018. I moved to Vermont and became house poor again in 2017 and wasn't using it so I didn't renew. But I still have some holes on my wish list and not having it has caused me to pass on some opportunities in the last few months so my resolution is to get back into the game actively again. Sent in my application before Christmas and the BATF cashed my check already... not sure how the shut down might affect its issuance.

So anyone else have a C&R resolution out there?

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I need to pick up a Mauser. I've been collecting 8mm but have nothing to shoot it in.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Targets of opportunity though I still am on the hunt for a Broomhandle and a really nice Ishapore Enfield.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been thinking of letting mine lapse, since it expires in another month or so, and spending money on shooting the guns I already have.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I got a lot of the rifles on my list checked off this year, the big one I need to get my hands on in 2019 an svt-40, been putting that one off way too long

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don’t think I even used mine in 2018.

Actually just remembered I bought Lou45s 1948 M44 which I had to log.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    yep buy when money allows oh and price is fair good pricing is behind us now me thinks

Wait 10 years and you’ll probably say the same thing.

My wife won’t let me get more guns even with how cheap new guns are and old guns still aren’t terrible in price for some of them. I now consider myself lucky for the price I paid for some of mine. Sure a P64 probably won’t ever be a $800 gun, but pretty unlikely some of the C&R guns I bought for $200 and $300 this year aren’t going to be 50-100% more expensive in a few years.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've been thinking of letting mine lapse, since it expires in another month or so, and spending money on shooting the guns I already have.

Do you use the discount? I’ve saved the $30 license cost just at Brownell’s in the less than a year I’ve had it. Plus savings from Wolff and Numerich.

So long as those guys continue offering a discount I’ll probably continue to renew mine even though my wife has been very clear I won’t be buying any more guns for at least a couple of years. I’ll probably save $10 a year.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I let mine lapse this month and regret it already. 2 examples of one of my wish list gun popped up at the same time this week.

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    theirs one in the Va gun trader forum i wouldn't say real nice but looked complete under 400.

Thanks though I am getting picky in my old age. Ill have to take a look. In no hurry on this one, they are edging up but fairly slowly its an onball to most folks and doesn't have a huge demand factor or scarcity driving them.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I know for myself it is to get my FFL03 again. After 6 years of having one, I let it lapse early in 2018. I moved to Vermont and became house poor again in 2017 and wasn't using it so I didn't renew. But I still have some holes on my wish list and not having it has caused me to pass on some opportunities in the last few months so my resolution is to get back into the game actively again. Sent in my application before Christmas and the BATF cashed my check already... not sure how the shut down might affect its issuance.

So anyone else have a C&R resolution out there?

Wanted to pass along that I have followed through with my resolution and my FFL03 will be in the mailbox today (I love USPS Informed Delivery for seeing what is on its way). For anyone curious it took 10 weeks door to door with the shutdown in the middle. Not too bad.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Sometime this year, I would like to acquire a CZ-82 and another Star B. It seems that my list of desires is always larger than my budget will permit. As long as I do not start any new builds for a while, I should be able to attain my goals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom