• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Mom's Desperate for Attention and Code Stink are almost certainly lurking here reading this very thread trying to learn. So I just want to remind everyone that 80% untraceable guns are already highly illegal under a dozen different laws, and that banning 80% firearms is a key provision of President Trump's Border Safety Package and we all fully support it. Thank you.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    exactly. its obviously unenforceable but i was wondering what they were attempting

Going to be something along the lines of what California did.

Every modern firearm you possess will require a serial number and be registered with the state.

Yes, I doubt the Maryland gun grabbers can think of anything original.

The 80% manufacturers already have a precedent set for them by California - you get a pre-serialized lower. My understanding is that even Hawaii isn't that strict - build it first, then add serial number and tell the state within 3 days of completion with your serial number.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    ^^^^ this. I've spent close to $6k on 80% builds over the course of several years. .no way..

Exactly. I don't believe the general non-gun owning public or even the gun grabbing politicians realize how materially invested some of us are in our sport/hobby/love of our freedom and rights to own. By that I mean -- when they (gun grabbers) publicly talking about banning or red flagging it is usually spoken of in terms of taking someone gun (singular) or guns (plural giving the impression of a couple of guns). The reality for a lot of gun owners and I'd be willing to bet most on this board is that the investment in their collection is in the tens of thousands or even hundred thousands of dollars.
    So in addition to taking a priceless right from everyone with the stroke of a pen it is also taking or rendering useless a considerable monetary investment that many of us possess. So when certain groups are busy advocating taking away freedoms like whether or not you can smoke in a restaurant or choosing not to wear a seat belt -- the advocacy of abridging a constitutional right and taking or rendering useless under extreme penalty of law is whole different ball game. When the real police state gets cranked up or the massive non-compliance begins a can of worms will have been opened that the unintended consequences have not fully been considered.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    They just want to erase the knowledge from your brain.

I really enjoy doing the 80% 1911's. Very relaxing.

04907D2F-E6D5-403A-8148-ED9ECE4E3534.jpeg

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    A useful strategy is to not get caught up in attempting to push back against the latest agenda of the gun grabbers. In that arena they have the initiative, and set the agenda. Our efforts there would be overwhelmingly reactive. That's playing a losing hand. We need to articulate a different position entirely, and drive that agenda without the entanaglements that come from dancing to their tune. Think of Uncle Remus and Tar Baby.

Our position should be very focused and clear: To the various occupants of seats in Annapolis: The battle line is not between Democrats and Republicans. It is between law abiding citizens and criminals. Put consideration of additional restrictions on the freedoms of law abiding citizens on hold. Instead, craft legislation and enforcement mechanism that will address the actions/behavior of criminals that engage in the wide variety of violent crimes against law abiding citizens. Establish criteria for assessing effectiveness. Your job is to take action to provide for the safety of Maryland's law abiding citizens. DO YOUR JOB.

That messge delivered repeatedly, in multiple venues, with great urgency. Simple, clean, targeted.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Our position should be very focused and clear: To the various occupants of seats in Annapolis: The battle line is not between Democrats and Republicans. It is between law abiding citizens and criminals. Put consideration of additional restrictions on the freedoms of law abiding citizens on hold. Instead, craft legislation and enforcement mechanism that will address the actions/behavior of criminals that engage in the wide variety of violent crimes against law abiding citizens. Establish criteria for assessing effectiveness. Your job is to take action to provide for the safety of Maryland's law abiding citizens. DO YOUR JOB.

That messge delivered repeatedly, in multiple venues, with great urgency. Simple, clean, targeted.

I would argue that most of our delegates and senators don't care. They're going to vote how they're told to vote. Educating and mobilizing the citizenry is what's needed, first.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    They are doing exactly what they are being told to do and voting how they are told to vote.

It is a plank in the dem platform and the marching orders coming straight out of their national conventions.

I would bet Dumais did not write one word of the bill she was handed to introduce.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I would argue that most of our delegates and senators don't care. They're going to vote how they're told to vote. Educating and mobilizing the citizenry is what's needed, first.

I agree. And how do we do that? We launch a public campaign as per my suggestion. We speak before a variety of groups and individuals about our demand. We invite new people to participate in the next action to pressure officials at all levels to act on crime. We learn from the Moms/Everytown and utilize similar outreach activities. The reason they keep doing that is because it is effective--and doesn't cost a lot of money.

That's how we mobilize people. It works. I know. But it will require an effort that involves that intrepid patriots leave their keyboards and engage in actual planning sessions.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I agree. And how do we do that? We launch a public campaign as per my suggestion. We speak before a variety of groups and individuals about our demand. We invite new people to participate in the next action to pressure officials at all levels to act on crime. We learn from the Moms/Everytown and utilize similar outreach activities. The reason they keep doing that is because it is effective--and doesn't cost a lot of money.

That's how we mobilize people. It works. I know. But it will require an effort that involves that intrepid patriots leave their keyboards and engage in actual planning sessions.
    I've walked the streets of Annapolis many times with fellow patriots and the amount of bills passed still grows. See you in Annapolis.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    They are doing exactly what they are being told to do and voting how they are told to vote.

It is a plank in the dem platform and the marching orders coming straight out of their national conventions.

I would bet Dumais did not write one word of the bill she was handed to introduce.

100% agree - when I went with many other folks during the 2013 debacle, it was obvious that each and every Dem I spoke to had canned answers that were carefully scripted and recited. They are not representatives of their respective Maryland Districts - they are pawns and lemmings of the DNC. I hope Maryland (and America) "wake-up" at some point.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED

Just remember it’s “both” parties that do this. Look at the cover the MD GOP leadership provided for Hogan.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Gun control is dead. The internet killed gun control. We've got guys here invested in the cottage firearm industry, happy to share their knowledge. It's over, the remainder problem is insurmountable after the Obama years.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Another thing- when they ban 80% firearms and force registration like California, everyone snail mail handwritten, multi character, extremely unique serial numbers into the msp. I'd even go so far as to claim 100's of 80% firearms just to gunk up the system and make it so slow, so painful and full of errors the system collapses. It would be hilarious.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    There are two parties so that we the people argue amongst ourselves instead of realizing that the third party (the gov) is the one who is really calling the shots, but we dont notice and demand change as we are busy voting and arguing with "the other side" all the while our politicians do as they please.

Remember, as long as you bote you are part of the process and when you dont get what you want they buy another x number of years where you write on internet forums, email politicians, march on Washington and annapolis all to vote again and repeat the process as the politicians do as they please. Let's be real for a minute. Regardless.of republican or democrat in office we still seem to have our rights slowly taken away.

Lawmakers make laws....so as long as gov continues its cancerous growth rate and we fund it they will continue the same path.

Dont know about you but if I were that power hungry the first thing I would do is rationalize why I should be the only one with all of the weapons and figure a way to sell it to the public. Once I do that I can grow even more and nobody can stop me.

The gov wins this game for only one reason....they have something we dont have. The gov has unity. We the people are not a unified force. Together we could stand but we are not together.

Keep writing your letters and calling your congressmen who reply with their canned response. It seems to work pretty well.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Politicians don’t write bills period. Their staffers do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Politicians don’t write bills period. Their staffers do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Maryland, neither the legislators nor their staff write the bills. They present an idea to the Department of Legislative Services and "non-partisan" lawyers draft the "appropriate" text.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Slightly off topic but I found this somewhere else. The point in posting it in this thread is that politicians, the public etc... form their decisions based on what they see on a daily basis. The fact that the media shapes peoples opinions based on misinformation and the misinformation helps to make laws affects all of us. Here is just one example.

watch this...its from 2011...before trump was president...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za_Tmt9rSGI

then watch this recent msnbc news report where they cover up the date and show the same video out of context and blame it on trump...it was from 2011 before trump was president. But it is a current MSNBC video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaIdqwTonZ8

how much misinformation have you seen or heard about 80% guns? we are allowed to manufacture our own weapons. knives could be next...think im kidding, it's happened other places.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom