• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I sure hope this show is better than the last one I went to. I know the vendors are doing their best to make the show as good as possible, but something has to change to bring back the crowds. I can remember vendors coming from NY, NJ, PA, and as far away as NC. Class 3 vendors (Dennis Todd among others). Along with 10-12 MD FFL vendors too.

For the younger folks, Timonium was a great show at one time. I don't know if the folks stopped coming because the vendors stop coming, or the vendors stopped coming because the folks didn't show up.

I got it, maybe they should sell beer during the show. :innocent0 Don't hit me Lou...

Think it's a little bit of all the above. MD gun laws certainly didn't help. I also remember all those vendors. Did a lot of business with a few of them. As far as the new owner is concerned, he's a jerk. He's kicked out a few old time vendors just because they were in competition with his buddies. Buddies who suck BTW as far as merchandise and prices. He raises prices with less to offer attendees. He doesn't advertise it well either. Talked to a few LGS and he was all but begging them to come back, offering to lower their table costs. IMO Silverado shows are much, much better than anything this guy has to offer but they are still a shadow of the old days. You have to go to VA or PA for a decent show now.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If anyone goes, make sure you go by the Dark Sun Booth and ask 10 minutes of questions about a well priced Ruger 10/22, then show cash and say you are from MD. When he says he will not sell to anyone from Maryland, then take up another 10 minutes of his time arguing.

Wait, its Dark Sun that won't sell to Marlyanders right?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If anyone goes, make sure you go by the Dark Sun Booth and ask 10 minutes of questions about a well priced Ruger 10/22, then show cash and say you are from MD. When he says he will not sell to anyone from Maryland, then take up another 10 minutes of his time arguing.

Won't sell to Marylanders at a Maryland show?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

My bad, I meant to post this to the Va Nations show thread....
    Got the run around from the guy, right after my dad got the run around from him.
    I will leave my original post to remind me to look before clicking!

DollZ

Sep 11, 2015
    Am very confused by the two threads on this. Is it a decent show? Am hoping hubby and I can come

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's probably the best you'll find in Maryland. However, the Chantilly show is the same weekend, so I don't know how many vendors will go south instead of Timonium. Could be an empty building with loud cricket sounds all weekend. I'm hoping for the best. Got cash to spend and have a few items I MUST have...

If I feel well, I may do Timonium on Saturday and Chantilly on Sunday. That would make for an almost perfect weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom