• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yes.

If the dealer is willing to sell to a MD resident (some aren't), you can purchase any MD legal long gun directly from a VA dealer.

If you're intending to purchase a handgun, it would have to be transferred via a MD dealer, either shipped to them from the VA seller or by transferring it using a MD dealer at the show. Accurate Pawn used to have a table near the front by the food court and offered this service, but I haven't been to a show in quite a while, so I don't know if they still do this.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Can A MD resident buy at a VA gun show?
    TP

If the seller is an FFL, anyone can buy long guns from them if the long gun is legal in your home state. If you have a C&R FFL, you can buy C&R guns (long guns and handguns) from anyone (out of state).

Also, pre-1899 antiques (manufactured date, not model design date) can be bought by anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have bought a firearm at the Chantilly store and as Bullfrog mentioned in his post above, Accurate Pawn and Tackle was present at the show and did the FFL paperwork for me.

Cal68

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Does anyone know if they have a decent selection of scopes from Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, etc. at the Dulles Expo gun show? I've been there twice but don't remember anything about optics since I was not looking for them at the time. I would very much like to compare the optics in person before ordering a $1000+ scope sight unseen. I plan on going down to the show on Saturday to check out some of gun safes in person before I choose one to order through an IP.

Cal68

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Does anyone know if they have a decent selection of scopes from Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, etc. at the Dulles Expo gun show? I've been there twice but don't remember anything about optics since I was not looking for them at the time. I would very much like to compare the optics in person before ordering a $1000+ scope sight unseen. I plan on going down to the show on Saturday to check out some of gun safes in person before I choose one to order through an IP.

Cal68

I haven't seen Nightforces there. Vortex sometimes, Leupolds are fairly common but not usually the upper end. If you want to see a Nightforce in your hands visit 2A Sales & Supplies, they're in the IP section here.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD

Cal68

Talk with the sales people at the show about meeting or bettering the IP price. They're there to do business.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Isn't it discrimination to refuse to sell to someone based on state?

This is currently being challenged in the courts. The primary cause is a combination of misunderstanding Maryland firearms laws and unwillingness to make the sale in case they are wrong. It's hard to blame them; Maryland's firearms laws are deliberately hard to understand.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Can anyone recommend an open carry friendly nearby restaurant?
    I am brining a new firearm owner to the gun show, to purchase a holster, and he doesn't have any concealed carry permits yet.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I haven't seen Nightforces there. Vortex sometimes, Leupolds are fairly common but not usually the upper end. If you want to see a Nightforce in your hands visit 2A Sales & Supplies, they're in the IP section here.

There is a dealer with Nightforce. He was to the back right when you walk in(maybe 3 or 4 rows in). I second 2A though. I got a Nightforce from them and they have a good stock.

JMB45

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2014
    Maryland
    Can anyone recommend an open carry friendly nearby restaurant?
    I am brining a new firearm owner to the gun show, to purchase a holster, and he doesn't have any concealed carry permits yet.

There's a Hooters nearby. Only 2 miles away from where the show is held. :thumbsup:

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I do not know if they advocate open carry, or discourage it, but I FULLY encourage you to eat at Willard's BBQ, which is about a 3 minute walk from the front doors of the convention center. It's small, so either go a bit before lunch rush or a bit after.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

Talk with the sales people at the show about meeting or bettering the IP price. They're there to do business.

There is a dealer with Nightforce. He was to the back right when you walk in(maybe 3 or 4 rows in). I second 2A though. I got a Nightforce from them and they have a good stock.

Thanks guys. I was hoping that I could compare the three types of scopes and then buy one from an IP. I've contacted 2A Sales and they tell me that although they are out of Nightforce right now, more are on the way. I know that Engage Armament are now Vortex dealers, so I'll check them out as well. And I've seen some Leupolds at Bass Pro and other places. But I was hoping that I could compare them back-to-back-to-back at one location before memory fades!

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom