• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hi guys,

So, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with speedloaders in a top-break revolver? I can't think of any reason they wouldn't work with one, unless that top latch interferes, I guess?

I'm looking for one for my H&R 925 Defender. It's a 5 shot top-break, chambered in .38 S&W. I was thinking I could just pick up a HKS 36-A and give it a try, but since the cases for .38 S&W are wider (.361 versus .357/.358) and shorter than .38 Special, I doubt they'll fit right. Worst case, I have a speedloader I can't use and an excuse to get another revolver later down the line. :D

Has anyone gotten them to fit in a .38 Special speedloader? If not, maybe I'll just try a speedstrip instead.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hi guys,

So, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with speedloaders in a top-break revolver? I can't think of any reason they wouldn't work with one, unless that top latch interferes, I guess?

I'm looking for one for my H&R 925 Defender. It's a 5 shot top-break, chambered in .38 S&W. I was thinking I could just pick up a HKS 36-A and give it a try, but since the cases for .38 S&W are wider (.361 versus .357/.358) and shorter than .38 Special, I doubt they'll fit right. Worst case, I have a speedloader I can't use and an excuse to get another revolver later down the line. :D

Has anyone gotten them to fit in a .38 Special speedloader? If not, maybe I'll just try a speedstrip instead.

Well, I ended up answering my own question. The glories of Al Gore's internet, right? :P

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    And you're not telling us???

I just saw this reply, didn't think anyone was interested. Yeah, the HKS 36-A fit just fine, but I ended up trading my little H&R for a Webley MKIV; I miss the little guy, but the Webley's much more pleasant to shoot, and hasn't given me mainspring issues, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom